What things P*ss you off at work?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by bluap84, Jul 26, 2011.

1. bluap84 macrumors 6502

1. Internet Explorer
    2. Windows XP
    3. Being so restricted in what i can do
    4. Users who dont know a mouse from a keyboard

Im sure theres more, but these are the main things.
    I work in IT

What about you guys?

2. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

3. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

The lack of defining service level agreements amoungst the various departments and the lack of identifying who departments internal customers are.

4. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

5. bluap84 thread starter macrumors 6502

haha i hear you on that one!

6. nizmoz macrumors 65816

Lack of knowledge people actually have using Excel/Word and they send a ticket to IT all the time to ask for help on that stuff.

7. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

People who take credit for my work and who speak out of both sides of their mouth.

8. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

People who don't meet deadlines.

9. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Bullies; and the slimier side of "office politics".....(while it is not a problem just now, when you are in the middle of it, it can be rather unpleasant).

Cheers

10. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

ass kissers/brown nosers

Incompetent co-workers (basically those people that say they can do anything but can't so they waste everyone's time asking for "help" with their tasks)

Those who serve absolutely no purpose in the office environment and are only there because they knew someone who worked here.

"Senior" executives who are so simply because they've been here a long time.

When the stupid Wifi routers fail every other hour and our tech guys can't figure out why and are too cheap to go out and buy a new one.

I could go on FOREVER with this one ;)

11. bluap84 thread starter macrumors 6502

haha you and me both! Its interesting to see what annoys people in the work place though. Being bored...is a major issue of mine, and wanting to do something else but dont know how to go about it

12. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

1. A guy called Chris.
    2. Friends or people I know turning up.

I work in a restaurant as a chef.

13. anim8or macrumors 65816

anim8or

14. bluap84 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thought of something else...going through a German Proxy

Oh and people who use VPN.

all companies should embrace the cloud IMO

15. RITZFit macrumors 65816

RITZFit

people who don't do their job right the first time (leaving me on damage control...)

management who has all sorts of "wonderful" sounding ideas but have NO clue what it will really take (" oh, you can handle that? Great!")

16. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Bosses who have a project sitting on their desk that they are supposed to do and as the dead line passes they give it to you to finish up and then take credit for it, or they lay the blame game and say you had it and didn't finish it on time.

Unrealistic goals and time frames for projects.

17. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I work in transportation- mostly self absorbed demanding customers.

18. AAPLaday Guest

AAPLaday

Old creaking PCs that take 15 minutes to boot up and come with a mouse which uses a wheel!

People who work at the computer for 8+ hours a day and yet can barely type. (im no touch typist myself but surely after spending that long doing it, it only takes a few days until you improve in speed and accuracy!)

People who eat whilst talking on the phone. Makes me so mad! I have to speak to the head office quite a lot and one of the managers has a receptionist who is usually chewing when i call! I keep hoping one day she chokes on it!

19. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

WORK!

Or more precisely, having to continue doing it when I should be retired. :(

(Stock market tank = no retirement :()

20. bluap84 thread starter macrumors 6502

This actually made me LOL :D i know what you mean though

21. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

That reminds me. One of my pet peeves (and perhaps more annoying than the abuse and misuse of Reply to All) are people whose e-mails and anything else they type at work in a professional environment look like Sarah Palin's Twitter feed. Learn to spell and stop abbreviating such long words like "for", "too" and "you".

22. snberk103 macrumors 603

My boss is real SOB to work for....

Oh, wait... that would be me... I'm a sole employee business....

Never mind. I love my work, and I'm giving myself a raise, and the rest of the day off. Sigh..... back to reality.....

23. SuperCompu2 macrumors 6502a

SuperCompu2

When the guy next to you incessantly chats on Facebook with the notification noise on full blast. This is happening to me RIGHT NOW. :mad:

Yay IT. -__-

24. h1r0ll3r, Jul 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2011

h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

My list of gripes solely related to email;

1. People who communicate solely through emails so they have a track record of every conversation. That little black curved thing next to you is called a phone; use it.

2. People who try to be slick by bcc'ing people on emails. Usually this happens when they miss or are going to miss their deadlines and are looking for a scapegoat :rolleyes:

3. Getting responses like "huh?" or "come and talk to me instead of emailing" after I dumb down a response to their retarded question as much as humanly possible in vain hopes of thinking they'll actually understand this thing called "how to do your own work".

4. People sending me invites/meeting/appointments without asking me first. Then getting pissy when I say I can't make the meeting as I already have another one planned for that time. There's this thing called a company schedule, look at it next time you try to set an appointment.

5. People who send emails as if they're posting a tweet. Looks real professional when people at your company send emails containing things like "K Thx" or use "ur" instead of your. Idiots.

6. People who send an email to the entire company, wait for a response, don't get one, then complain to the CEO that "no one is doing their job".

7. And lastly, people who miss their deadline due to excessive Facebook/Twitter binges and need to get the job done, send out a mass email to all departments trying to pawn their work onto other people. When the sh#t hits the fan, their response? "Well, I sent out an email but no one bothered to respond....that's why the task isn't completed yet.

We actually still use the mice with the little trackball inside :D You know, the ones where you got to clean out the lint every so often. We got like twenty of them still brand new in the box.

Which reminds me of another thing. Having to buy your own crap since the office is too cheap to buy anything that's even remotely "new" in terms of technology. WE STILL HAVE/USE PENTIUM II DESKTOPS FOR CHRIST SAKE!

25. samiwas macrumors 65816

I work in a job that has absolute deadlines, as we have an opening date with a paying "audience" to meet. Tickets are sold months in advance, so we have to open on said date.

The job involves loading trucks worth of equipment into a space and setting up an exhibition. We used to have up to five weeks of time to install, with me as the head of my department and three traveling assistants and some local help. Nowadays, we're expected to do the same thing in half the time, for half the cost, and with half the people. It's now me and my assistant and some local help on some days. Yet, they still want the same or better end product. Ugh.

Oh, and schedules that don't mean anything. We get detailed schedules for these installs, but they are rarely based in reality and have projects starting after they have been completed. Yet, when you ask questions, they say" Read the schedule!" :rolleyes:

Oh, and people who can't do their job. Paychecks, travel arrangements, hotels...get it together! I usually have to send 3-5 emails to get someone to process the invoice I sent.

And the big one...people who say "Hey...many people are out of work and would love to have your job!" when you complain about a bad day at work. :mad: