Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexboy45

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 7, 2007
I was wondering if anyone knows what time the 3.0 software will be released in the uk. i am asking as i will be without an internet connection after 1pm until saturday and would like to get the software asap. am i wright in thinking that 2.0 was released at 6pm?

thanks

chimpboy74

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2007
Scotland
I dont think anyone is 100% sure but I'm pretty certain another thread here asked the same quetion and a few people suggested 9am Cupertino time.

alexboy45

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 7, 2007
I dont think anyone is 100% sure but I'm pretty certain another thread here asked the same quetion and a few people suggested 9am Cupertino time.

i think that is about 6pm uk. that is rubbish i am going to have to wait now.

cwedl

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2003
I'll probably just do in on thursday (if i have time!) if not than whenever, 3.0 really doesn't excite me! should it?

HarrisonB

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2009
I'm sure push is going to be nice but landscape in everything is really what stands out most so far.

DSG

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
Huh? I knew the 3Gs software had been found, but where can I get the 3.0 for 3G?

He's paid to become a member of the developer programme, which, for the majority of 'developers', should probably be renamed 'fanboy tax'. I'd love to know how big a bonus the guy who thought it up got - charging people for early copies of unfinished software that will later be given away for free... genius.

pw1500

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2007
Oxford, England
Huh? I knew the 3Gs software had been found, but where can I get the 3.0 for 3G?

A quick google search and you willl find the ipsw for 3.0 GM :)

He's paid to become a member of the developer programme, which, for the majority of 'developers', should probably be renamed 'fanboy tax'. I'd love to know how big a bonus the guy who thought it up got - charging people for early copies of unfinished software that will later be given away for free... genius.

No, you do not need to be a developer to install 3.0 GM, its the final 3.0 release.

big_malk

macrumors 6502a
Aug 7, 2005
Scotland
A quick google search and you willl find the ipsw for 3.0 GM :)

No, you do not need to be a developer to install 3.0 GM, its the final 3.0 release.

I did a Google search ("iphone ipsw 3.0 final", top hit), restored it [can you really restore to software you've never used before?], and it seems to be working fine :D

Just putting my content back on it now :)

Syonidism

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2009
Turkey
international buyer

What about Turkey anyone have info on the release of iPhone 3G S ???

and for how much? (its usually initial US fee +cargo + 50$) not sure in this case.

Ingster

macrumors 6502
Apr 2, 2007
Leeds, UK
I'm currently using the 3.0 gm it's quite nice, methinks a little slower but still ok, best feature - a2dp Bluetooth streaming iPod music from iPhone to new Bluetooth enabled car stereo

The Samurai

macrumors 68020
Dec 29, 2007
Glasgow
I'm currently using the 3.0 gm it's quite nice, methinks a little slower but still ok, best feature - a2dp Bluetooth streaming iPod music from iPhone to new Bluetooth enabled car stereo

I think quite the opposite - deffo think this new version is faster. Loading and exiting out of apps is faster, taking pictures is faster...

Haven't tried the bluetooth yet properly though

bobpage87

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2006
Well I just got a text from O2 saying "the iPhone OS 3.0 software update arrives tomorrow evening." So 6pm sounds about right to me.

Stiss

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2009
England
Ive had 3.0 since Friday, the Gold version the one most will get tomorrow.

Theres lots of cool things in it, spotlight is suprisingly fast and the little touches like new icons for phone and ipod apps are good.

FYI. I got a text from o2 before saying that MMS is now up and running, they even sent me a little MMS too. I've tested it and sent a pic of my car to my GF and it worked. So tomorrow everything will be fine!

:apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.