What time are you waiting in line for your iPhone?

modernmoments

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
I had issues during pre-order and will have to wait in line. I'm debating what time to get in line. Anyone with experience standing in line? How much in advance is a "safe" bet?

Thanks.

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
Depending on which model you are going for I would do the following:

iPhone 6 = 3am

iPhone 6+ = 12am

modernmoments

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
I'm actually waiting at an AT&T store instead of an Apple Store. Apparently, the Apple Store can't sign people up on AT&T Next according to their online store. Is that true?

BeSweeet

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2009
San Antonio, TX
I'm looking at 4AM on Friday, but not until I contact a few T-Mobile stores on Thursday to see if they know anything about what they'll be getting, if anything at all. Otherwise, I'll see what my local Costco has to offer when they open at 10AM.

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California
I had issues during pre-order and will have to wait in line. I'm debating what time to get in line. Anyone with experience standing in line? How much in advance is a "safe" bet?

Thanks.

I was the second person in my local mall, started lining up at midnight last year, and I was one of the lucky ones owning a gold iPhone :eek:

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
I'm not going to wait in line just to get a phone. I placed my order this morning and I'm just going to wait 3-4 weeks.
I have a feeling that most of the forum here would react like this to that proposition:

griffinmeyer

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2011
Orange County, CA
I'm getting to my local Verizon store (in a small-medium wealthy Southern California town) around 4 PM on Thursday and camping out there for the night. The ONLY reason I'm doing this is because I'm wanting the 6+ 128GB Space Grey (which I believe sold out fastest), and also because last year, my store got NO Gold iPhone 5S's. I'm expecting my store to get at least one of them, but also I'm not expecting them to get more than one, so being first is really my only option.

Or I guess I could wait until November... :(

phpmaven

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2009
San Clemente, CA USA
5am. Apple is planning to sell 80million phones. You should be fine.
Don't kid yourself. The Plus is going to be as rare as hen's teeth on Friday. If you want to snag one, you'd better line up real early. The scalpers are going to be all over this launch like white on rice, especially to get the Plus.

eric18

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I think if you are getting the 6, as of right now, showing up a few hours early should be adequate. The online order system shows that almost every store near me (Southern California) has the 6 in stock in multiple colors and sizes! Granted, this will probably change as more people order and choose in-store pickup in the coming days before launch.

12vElectronics

macrumors 68040
Jul 19, 2013
California
I think if you are getting the 6, as of right now, showing up a few hours early should be adequate. The online order system shows that almost every store near me (Southern California) has the 6 in stock in multiple colors and sizes! Granted, this will probably change as more people order and choose in-store pickup in the coming days before launch.
I think the 6 will be easily able to be found.

BeSweeet

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Did did you go about seeing what each store has?

meihcydna

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2009
I'm actually waiting at an AT&T store instead of an Apple Store. Apparently, the Apple Store can't sign people up on AT&T Next according to their online store. Is that true?
I preordered my 6+ 64gb with ATT Next on Apple's website on the 12th. I'm pretty sure they can handle it in-store as well.