Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Enjoylife1788, Oct 12, 2011.
Title says it all. I am visiting the site and it still saying coming soon.
According To Press
9:45 PST or close to it. The servers are going to be hammered. Me? I'm waiting until about 6AM tomorrow (UK time) when things have calmed down a bit.
Patience is a virtue, aspired to by many yet attained by few
Sure, apple's servers get hammered but there will instantly be other places where you can download it.
Download the GM if you got to have iOS 5 now.
Downloading GM doesn't really make sense for now.'when it's only hours left for the final build.
M sure there will be reliable torrents available instantly and will ease of apple's server load.
Err, GM is the final build.
I hope you're wrong.
So it beggars the question, if people used the GM now hours away from the real deal without possibly registering a UDID would it work?
Yes it would work, as the GM is essentially the final release.
That's if he's getting it legally? I bet all those with GM's didn't go the legal way.
It's been working for days (maybe over a week) without UUID registering. GM is the same and the final build. EXACTLY THE SAME
The GM, is byte for byte the public release that's coming out later. So it doesn't matter where they got it from.
Most of the time, GM is always the final release with most softwares. But considering it's only a few hours before final version is out, it's wise to just wait it out.
There is nothing illegal about downloading a GM for a piece of hardware you bought.
The person who leaked it might have broken an agreement with apple, but you are certainly not breaking any laws by downloading it.
So if we find it, is it safe to install?
Expect it to be ready at around 1PM EST.
If you trust the website you are getting it from that it is what they say it is. Yes. It's safe.
At this point, I'm just going to wait for the 'final release.'
So does this mean I won't have to restore later when the OS drops?
There is always a chance if a last minute bug is found that they change it. There is no point in upgrading now if the official public release comes out in hours.
Example, a few others and myself experience fast battery drains (over 10% per hour in standby) Nothing running, no locations on. I'm hoping they change something.
If that was true they would release another GM, or wait until a .1 release to address the bug.
Can you ' upgrade ' to the GM or will it wipe everything?
I just plugged the phone into itunes and got "new update 4.3.5" and I was like "WTH!?" lol