iPad What time preorders start for the new iPad Air 2?

Benz63amg

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
Hey guys, i remember last year i woke up at 3am to place a preorder, is it going to be the same this time too? i mean they said preorders begin Oct 17th, but what time?

M87

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2009
Every preorder I've ever done was midnight cupertino time. But I think the apple store would be down by now if that was the case.

WizardHunt

macrumors 68000
May 11, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada USA
Hey guys, i remember last year i woke up at 3am to place a preorder, is it going to be the same this time too? i mean they said preorders begin Oct 17th, but what time?
They announced today at the event that on Oct 17, you can pre-order the iPad and that would mean 12:00 midnight PST (west coast time) 3 Am EST. But when they announced iMac could be ordered after the event I thought we would have trouble getting into the store etc.. but not a problem today. I ordered my Retina 27" iMac today with no glitches. So I expect or hope that the iPad is the same way. Sometime after 12:00 AM Pst they will turn on the Apple store if its goes down later tonight just before midnight then they will come back on after midnight and things should go more smoothly than last time.

Joey225

macrumors member
Mar 13, 2011
New Jersey
Was it the iPad 3 or 4 that went up for preorder around the middle of the day one year? There was a definitely a preorder where I ordered somewhere around 6pm eastern time.

Yaemon

macrumors regular
Oct 16, 2014
I agree it is odd that the apple store website is still up.

I'll probably wait another hour and if it is not up it'll probably be sometime tomorrow morning

pog27

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2014
I hope I'm not staying up for nothing :/ I'm on central time and looking forward to upgrading my iPad 4.

yegon

macrumors 68030
Oct 20, 2007
Preorders start when 2gb is absolutely, positively confirmed from a reliable source, not some blurry pic of an A8X chip :)

webstarcool

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2010
SFO
Still nothing yet. I have been trying different country Apple Stores, but it doesn't seem to be available for pre-order, yet. Any updates from you?

Apple Online Store support opens at 4am (Pacific Time) - perhaps by then. At least they will be around to answer questions. I asked them yesterday and they just said they did not have that information yet.

Last edited:

Soulweaponry

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2010
Still nothing yet. I have been trying different country Apple Stores, but it doesn't seem to be available for pre-order, yet. Any updates from you?

Apple Online Store support opens at 4am (Pacific Time) - perhaps by then. At least they will be around to answer questions. I asked them yesterday and they just said they did not have that information yet.
Still no luck at 3 am. They were pretty specific about the 12am thing so this seems a bit odd. Oh well. I'll just keep checking

dumastudetto

macrumors 68040
Aug 28, 2013
Demand is huge for these new iPads. I predict they will sell out of all models within minutes. I'm refreshing every few seconds to make sure I don't miss out.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
Demand is huge for these new iPads. I predict they will sell out of all models within minutes. I'm refreshing every few seconds to make sure I don't miss out.
Demand is not huge. After ipad 2. Demand hasn't been great on preorders. Plus you can pretty much walk in and get any ipad on launch day as well.

The cellular iPads are a little harder to get sometimes though