What time tomorrow? Lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by super tomtendo, Jul 19, 2011.

1. super tomtendo macrumors 6502a

super tomtendo

2. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

8:30AM EST, just a time I saw. I have no idea.

3. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

For some reason I think I saw 8:00 AM EST. Should be early in the morning regardless.

4. labaom macrumors member

5. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

Yea, I thought 8:30 was a little strange, I figured whatever time it would be on the hour.

6. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

After all the what day threads I figured it was about time for a what time thread :D

7. labaom macrumors member

I feel like I am the only person on this forum that likes Snow Leopard so much more than Lion.

8. TheGdog macrumors 6502

TheGdog

So I thought now that lion release has been announced the "what day is it coming out threads" would be gone. lol Now its "what time is it coming out threads."

Anyways, I am in EDT timezone and because of that our stores open before the ones in California. So I would think it will be bright and early in the morning before any of the apple stores open that the lion will be released.

9. Branskins macrumors 65816

Why can't they just do it at midnight so some people can let it download and install over night!! And I would like to get it as soon as possible :D!

10. SteveAbootman macrumors 6502a

SteveAbootman

Would it be possible to download this and install it via Splashtop Remote for my iPad? I'll be out of town but want to install it the moment it comes out so it's ready for me when i get home.

Could it theoretically work, or would I get stuck halfway through the install?

11. gangof4 macrumors member

gangof4

Lion <*yawn*>

If you guys would stick with the wonderful world of Snow Leopard you wouldn't get all worked up. Who cares when Lion comes out--it's just a ***** cat as far as I'm concerned.

12. labaom macrumors member

Your my hero! Lion sucks, Mission Control sucks, it all sucks.

13. zgh1999 macrumors 6502

I object!

I object!

I object!

14. TheGdog macrumors 6502

TheGdog

I love the new linear layout of spaces. Much more intuitive.

15. mac3973 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_8 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E401 Safari/6533.18.5)

Check the splashing remote forum. Currently splashtop remote does not support lion yet. They are working on an update but it will not be out until after lion is released.

16. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Negative. Mission Control sucks, LaunchPad sucks, lions are badass (they have a mane for crying out loud!). :)

17. Steve.P.JobsFan macrumors 6502a

Steve.P.JobsFan

18. andrew8404 macrumors regular

19. Ragnar-Kon macrumors member

Didn't Snow Leopard have linear spaces? My spaces are in a linear layout right now. The only thing my spaces doesn't have that Lion has is dashboard, which I can survive without since I haven't touched it since it was originally launched with Tiger

I'll be waiting to see what the build number is before I buy it. If it is the same build as the GM version, then I'll wait until bug fixes are released.

20. Morod macrumors 68000

Morod

21. motulist macrumors 601

motulist

It would be smart if they released it around midnight california time, because that way they would spread the downloads out over an extra half day to reduce the strain on their servers.

Lots of die hard fans would download it in the middle of the night as soon as it is released, and then the next morning when the regular folks wake up and start downloading it there'll be much fewer people downloading it simultaneously.

22. baryon macrumors 68040

baryon

Will it be released at the same time in the UK as in the US?

I mean, because UK Apple stores will open much sooner, so it would be weird to have people walk in, yet not be able to buy (download) Lion yet (they'd have to wait until 1pm apparently?). On the other hand, if the UK App Store released Lion before the US one did, then people in the US with UK accounts could still get it earlier, which would be weird.

23. siwsan macrumors newbie

Oh no, you are not by any means alone.

24. CptAwesome macrumors member

That would be well weird! Most UK Apple stores are open from 9am or later so...

25. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1