What time will you queue up? UK Only

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by joshysquashy, Jul 8, 2008.

?

What time will you come to O2/CPW?

1. Earlier than 6:00 am

7 vote(s)
    6.9%
  2. 6:00 am

15 vote(s)
    14.7%
  3. 7:00 am

42 vote(s)
    41.2%
  4. 8:00 am

17 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. 9:00 am

9 vote(s)
    8.8%
  6. 10:00 am - 12:00 pm

5 vote(s)
    4.9%
  7. 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  8. Later than 2:00 pm

4 vote(s)
    3.9%
  1. joshysquashy macrumors 6502a

Hi,

Just wondering what time you will join a queue outside O2 or CPW?

I'm not sure whether to go early, or late. Hopefully this will help people find a non-busy time to come, or not end up queuing all on their larry!

2. Project macrumors 68020

7am, Manchester. With a McDonalds breakfast and my iPhone to kill the time.

3. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

London: I'm going early (and late, depending on the outcome of the earlier expedition ;)).

I'm getting the first tube in to the store closest my work, a short journey, and then hoping that will be early enough. I will get there about 5:50am. I'm taking the gamble that a non-Oxford Street store will have enough stock but I'm much more likely to be first in queue than at Oxford Circus. I can imagine people spilling out of M*vida (a club) and realising they can be first to get an iPhone! :eek:

I'm going for an O2 store as I am an existing (non-iPhone) customer and do not require a PAC code there.

4. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

8.40, Widnes, with nothing but my LG Chocolate to entertain me :(.

R-Fly

5. joshysquashy thread starter macrumors 6502a

Shame I sold mine to pay for the new one, guess I will just have to make conversation!

6. Leemo macrumors 6502

Leemo

I did the same - missing mine, makes you appreciate it even more doesn't it!

My local store (a 5 min walk away) is in a pretty small town, so fingers crossed there won't be many people waiting - but then the issue is there might not be much stock either...?

7. dwright1974 macrumors 6502

dwright1974

7am if O2 let me upgrade my iPhone to iPhone 3G instore following yesterday's debacle - Their website is still saying upgrade only online AFAIK.

- D

8. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Good news for you,

O2 apparently changed their whole policy on iPhone upgrades,
    after yesterday's episode.

Telesales and CS are both stating 'upgrading is now available in-store'.

R-Fly

9. russelljtaylor macrumors newbie

02 in store existing customers

Hi

Just got off the phone with 02 Oldham store. They have confirmed that they will let me upgrade to the 3G iPhone as an existing iPhone 02 customer.

Russell

10. Badgerguy macrumors member

I'll be going in earlyish - need to get the thing before work preferably!!!

--
    BG

11. dwright1974 macrumors 6502

dwright1974

That's great news! 7am it is then - other posters on here have received an email from O2 saying stores will only have 'a few dozen' iPhones so hopefully will pick one up there!

Cheers!

- D

12. Yossarian macrumors member

The Strand, London

About 8:30 on my way to work, if there's a long queue it'll be abandoned and i'll get one once the "hypesters" have all cleared off.

P.S. I'm quite proud of that... "hypesters", i may consult the Oxford English Dictionary chaps to get that added.

13. AnonymousOne macrumors regular

Im going to go with my mum but we got to wait for my little brother to get picked up by his school bus at 8.40 so I'll probably make it at around 9.

14. PieMan macrumors newbie

Can current iPhone owners also upgrade in carphone warehouse stores, or only o2 stores?

15. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

I believe it to be both.

O2 have stated that, due to yesterday and the huge demand and strain the website was put under, they have re-considered their initial policy(s) regarding the iPhone,
    and will now allow existing iPhone upgrades, in-store.

The line, which referred to existing iPhone owners only being able to upgrade online, has since been removed from the O2 website.

R-Fly

16. iMonkeez macrumors newbie

I'll probably be at the Apple store on regents street at around 4 am... but does anyone know if Apple stores will actually be selling the iPhone, as on Apple's website it only shows Carphone Warehouse and O2 as places to buy the iPhone...

17. Cousin Dirk macrumors 6502a

I don't suppose you know what time the O2 shop on the Strand opens, do you? I'm kinda hoping they'll let me upgrade before I start work at 8am (which might have to turn into '8am-ish' as needs must).

/I'll pop in there on the way home today, I think

18. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

They will only be offering the iPhone to for customers who want to take out a new contract,
    and business account holders.

Existing iPhone and non-iPhone owners must, apparently, consult their local O2 or CPW store(s).

R-Fly

19. dalvin200 macrumors 68040

hoping to get there for 7:02 :D

but it could be a few mins earlier or later depending on the bus times!! :rolleyes:

i'll have my iPhone with me, but doubt will be able to pick up the wifi signal from inside the O2 store... stuck with edge.. if only it was 3G :eek:

20. ayzee macrumors 6502a

ayzee

Will be looking to get to my local store in Birmingham around 7.15am (hopefully). Still don't know if tjat official email about there only being a dozen iPhones in each store is just hype or not.

21. Cousin Dirk macrumors 6502a

The email I've seen floating around (this one) says there are a 'few dozen' at each store... not a lot by any means.

22. Yossarian macrumors member

I haven't asked them so guessing the :02 time claimed elsewhere. There are two CPW near the o2 store on The Strand, a small one opposite near Coutts and a larger one on the Southampton Street corner on the way to Covent Garden.

23. sjw macrumors regular

Where I'm headed too. Hope to be there for the 8.02am opening (start work early) - provided they are doing that. Going to check in with them on Thursday and see if I can squeeze any info out re. how many 16gb they are expecting in stock.

24. Cousin Dirk macrumors 6502a

Looks like some of us might bump into each other there. And fight over that last remaining 16GB iPhone.

I'm secretly hoping for a 7.02am opening. That way I can get there nice and early. I'm even considering taking my laptop in to work with me so I can activate it from there. Not that I can pick up a mobile signal where I work, in the DEAD CENTRE OF LONDON :)

25. Yossarian macrumors member

Hehe well i'm at work right now about 300 yards from the O2 store and have 5 bars on O2 and Edge so should be ok ;)