What To Do About Cinema Display Backlight Bleeding?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Fazzl, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Fazzl macrumors 6502a

Fazzl

So I got my 24" Cinema Display 2 weeks ago and just noticed this backlight bleeding on the bottom right and its really pissing me off when I watch movies or use frontrow.

Does anyone know the best way to go about with an exchange or something?

here is a pic

[​IMG]

2. macjram macrumors 6502a

macjram

Say it is completely unacceptable.

If you were a web designer/graphic designer/video maker/etc.etc. it would probably help to say you need a perfect screen or something?

Just things I read on these forums.

3. Fazzl thread starter macrumors 6502a

Fazzl

yeah i dont mind any of the backlight bleeding except for the bottom right cause it is soo noticeable. the rest is normal i guess.

do i need to schedule a genius bar appointment for this or can I just bring it in? reason being my local store only has appt left for WEDNESDAY!

4. Andrew Henry macrumors 6502a

Schedule an appointment, that would be completely unacceptable to me, I would be pissed off if I paid $900 for a monitor and that thing.

5. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Just get an exchange. Its not really possible to fix backlight bleed but be nice when you go for the exchange. Nice people always get the best help :)

6. Fazzl thread starter macrumors 6502a

Fazzl

its been like 16 days though since i bought it. i bought it with my mbp so ive been using that more and havent really used the LED display much which is why i didnt notice the bleeding before.

7. blackhand1001 macrumors 68030

blackhand1001

Good luck with the exchange. Hopefully you get a decent panel.

8. Fazzl thread starter macrumors 6502a

Fazzl

so i got an exchange when i took it in last week but this panel is actually worse than the first one.

going in again tomorrow hopefully ill get a good one this time

9. blackhand1001 macrumors 68030

blackhand1001

Yeah, thats why even though I think IPS is good, I stick with S-PVA because Samsung actually has some quality control. LG really dropped the ball on their quality control department lately. PVA is also less likely to have defects just because of the way their made as well.

10. Fazzl thread starter macrumors 6502a

Fazzl