What to do? New 13" MBP or old 13" MBP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Reach9, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

Hey guys,

I purchased my first Mac last year in August, i bought the 2010 13" baseline Macbook Pro for College during the back to school event. I absolutely love it, and it works fine.
    However, I was wondering if there would be any point selling my current 13" MacBook Pro and getting the new 13" MacBook Pro which should be coming out pretty soon.

Also, if i should sell my current MacBook Pro, then how much do you think i should sell it for?

Thanks

2. Funkymonk macrumors 6502a

Funkymonk

sell it to some moron and get the new one asap!!!!

3. simsaladimbamba

www.mac2sell.net and eBay might be good price checking tools.

Btw, does the current MBP not suffice your computational needs anymore?
    Btw 2, we don't know, we only speculate, of what is actually inside the new MBP, therefore, in absence of the knowledge about your needs computer-wise, we can't really determine the superiority of a non existing Mac with an existing one.

PS: And the dogs ran away again, together. The sheep just stood by and ate their dry bread, while the cats played with that ring around the band.

4. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Since you're asking, there's probably no point in selling it. If you find some of the new features appealing, then you should consider.

5. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

No one will know for sure if it's "worth it" since it's not even out yet. Still then, it'll depend on what your needs. As it sounds, I doubt you NEED the new one...

6. Hans Brix macrumors 6502

Personally, the current MBP 13" is fine for my needs. I wouldn't mind upgrading to something faster with the same form factor though. :D

7. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

keep it ... this upgrade will not change the computing world at all ... you have an awesome laptop

8. diamond3 macrumors 6502a

Why not try to sell it? If you don't sell it, then keep it. If you sell it at a price you want, buy a new one.

9. Mik3F macrumors 6502

Do what YOU want to do,

For me personally I don't see the point in replacing my 2010 13" with a new one at the moment as the new specs just don't give that much of an improvement if you ask me.

10. xdbuix macrumors 6502

i think its better if you just keep ur current macbook. If youre just trying to get a "faster" macbook, its not going to be that much faster.

11. sstr macrumors newbie

Keep the old one unless there's something in the new upgrade that you need. Pretty much, unless you need Light Peak or plan to do CPU-intensive tasks, keep your current laptop and enjoy it.

12. simplydat macrumors member

If you care about graphics, keep the old one.. The new one has a slower graphics card.

13. Buck987 macrumors 6502a

great advice...and you provided such thoughtful reasons...

OP..my advice...keep what you have if its getting the job done...

14. Reach9 thread starter macrumors 68020

Reach9

Thanks for the feedback guys, I absolutely love my current MBP, and i don't really see the need for upgrading so i'll hold back and keep this beauty.