What to do with my first Macintosh?

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by Dane D., Jan 17, 2016.

1. Dane D. macrumors 6502a

Recently divorced, ex wants me to remove my Macs. These include my first Mac purchase a Performa 630CD in 1994. Others include the pizza-box 6100, 1993 Mac LC III, 1998 Power Macintosh G3 and an 2005 eMac(USB 2.0) G4. Don't want to trash them, any ideas what I could do with them. Have monitors and keyboards too.

2. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

I'm guessing that you have come here because you don't have enough storage space where you live now :D
    Your friendly neighborhood self-storage facility could likely help you out with that.

Or, eBay/C.L./etc.
    - Or, reconcile with your ex... (that one might not be terribly likely, but stranger things have happened... and would be one solution) ... Unless your ex never did like all that junk you have... (just sayin')

3. frazzm737 macrumors regular

frazzm737

I would suggest looking into museums where these antiques would not just sit in storage gathering dust.

4. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

not sure these are really museum worthy. Could eBay them, sure there are people looking, not sure how much anything is worth and shipping them will be a pain.

arn

5. Algus macrumors regular

Algus

Do you have pics? I was literally looking for a 6100 earlier. I need a monitor for my 637CD as well.

6. Dane D. thread starter macrumors 6502a

I will take photos and post this week. They are still at ex's house. I also have a HP LaserJet 6mp that was used with these old units.

7. Algus macrumors regular

Algus

Awesome, well if you are interested in selling here or elsewhere, I would love to take a look! I've wanted to get a pizza box Mac for some time and the 6100 seems a good choice since it's also an early PowerPC example.

I believe that your Powermac G3 is the most valuable machine you have but 6100s don't show up a lot so their prices can fluctuate depending on who is buying at the time.

8. CooperBox macrumors 6502a

CooperBox

Great pity you're not this side of the 'pond', as I've been looking round for a very tidy PowerMac G3. Guess I'll keep looking. Having said that, if & when I find one I hope my other-half doesn't decide "either they go or I stay!" ;)