Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Airborne-Ape

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2014
iPad Air and Mini updates for 2023 are very believable because these days it seems most reputable suppliers of iPad Air and Mini cases have their related current gen products either on clearance or discontinued. ESR is already selling a landscape camera iPad Air case, they’re just not allowed to officially label it as such without getting sued by Apple. Look around Amzon Otterbox and the other usual suspects and you’ll notice the trend of iPad Air 5 and Mini 6 cases on clearance all over the web.

Allen_Wentz

macrumors 68030
Dec 3, 2016
USA
It wouldn't surprise me if we see updated iPad, iPad Mini and iPad Air in September/October with just a bumped chip and wireless protocols. This is the kind of update where leaks don't really come out because it's not really a noticable change for those on the production lines who might leak info
"Leaks" most likely come from Apple to generate buzz and make sure consumers have reasonable expectations that match coming products rather than from those on the production lines who might leak info.

Biro

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2012
I disagree. IMO Air and Mini should have the same chip generation, WiFI, Bluetooth, etc.
I’d be fine with that. M3 for the Pros, M2 for Air and Mini… and M1 for iPad 11. But you know Apple won’t do it. They can’t help themselves. They’ll still be trying to ram the A15 down our throats somewhere.

Ahmamies

Cancelled
Oct 13, 2020
Other than gaming, I don't see a benefit for 120Hz. It only increases the cost of the device. Smooth scrolling between 60 Hz and 120 Hz isn't enough of an added benefit, especially on a smaller display, to pay more for it.
120Hz is almost a standard feature outside the Apple ecosystem. 60Hz should not exist in Apple devices, not with these prices.

I wish I could not see the difference between 60Hz and 120Hz displays, but I do. Seems like I am forever stuck with iPhone Pros because I don’t want to go back to 60Hz.

With normal iPhone prices it is absolutely bonkers that they are having 60Hz displays.

Last edited:
Reactions: snipr125

El Szomorito

Suspended
Oct 18, 2021
Some people may use the rear camera for making quick scans or shooting a video. Personally I use my iPhone for that and have never used my iPad’s rear camera. The only use I see for it is an extra $75-$100 dollars profit for Apple and $100 or so perceived value for some users.
And it's very un-Apple-like to f*ck up the experience for everyone for a minority use case.

El Szomorito

Suspended
Oct 18, 2021
120Hz is almost a standard feature outside the Apple ecosystem. 60Hz should not exist in Apple devices, not with these prices.

I wish I could not see the difference between 60Hz and 120Hz displays, but I do. Seems like I am forever stuck with iPhone Pros because I don’t want to go back to 60Hz.

With normal iPhone prices it is absolutely bonkers that they are having 60Hz displays.
Yeah but the reality is the will use the 120hz display to justify a price raise. I'd accept it for free, but it's not that important to pay extra for it.

Reactions: ryguyMN
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.