WHAT TO GET? iPad 2 or iPhone 5 ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bonilla, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Bonilla macrumors member

Bonilla

I just bought an ipad 2 day ago, but i am tired of backlight bleeding it could be meanless for may people, but for others need to be perfect.
    I just return one ipad2 for the same thing and now the new has it but less.

I am thinking in return it and have a gift card and wait for the iphone5.

What will you do ?
    What do you recommend ?

Thanks for read it and help :)

2. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

3. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Umm. You need to decide if you'd rather have a new phone or a tablet.
    Should I buy milk or strawberries ... is kinda what you are asking.

It makes no sense for us to answer this for you, but for the thread's sake .. iPhone 5.

4. AbyssImpact macrumors 6502a

wait for the iPad 3 and a dumb phone instead.

5. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

yeah man, apples to oranges. But by the time the iPhone 5 comes out the iPad 3 will likely be just a few months away (yes I am speculating on that).

If it were me and I only had the money for 1 thing I'd get the phone since it is, you know, a phone, and I need one of those.

6. Reach9 macrumors 68020

Reach9

You're choosing between a tablet and a smartphone? They're two very different things.

7. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

I'll admit that when the iPad first came out I thought it was stupid. I thought it was literally a big iPod touch. Then I used one and I started to get it. Then I caved and bought an iPad 2. I hardly ever use the same apps on both devices. To me they are both awesome but I get the most out of them in different ways with different apps.

8. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Exactly the same expiernce with me. I thought the iPad was a dumb device but now there is no way I could give it up.

And to the op, it depends on what you already have, if you have a 1st gen iPad and iPhone 4, I say wait for iPad 3. If you have an iPhone 4 but no iPad, then get the iPad 2 or get an iPad 1 on the cheap if the backlight issue is the most important thing to you. If you have no iPad and an iPhone 3GS or earlier, get the iPhone 5.

9. fkhan3 macrumors 6502

If I had to choose, I think iPhone would be more useful. iPad is nice to have but most things that can be done on iPad can be done on iPhone. I recommend waiting for iPhone 5.

10. aleni macrumors 68020

no matter how awesome and thin iPad is, it's still quite a big gadget. so the best gadget for me is the one i always have in my pocket.

so i prioritize iPhone before iPad and i wouldn't swap my iPhone for a dumb phone.

11. Bonilla thread starter macrumors member

Bonilla

Now reading some of you guys are totally right, tablet and smartphone different but these 2 use almost the same apps for games work surfing.

The best gadget is wich you bring on the pocket!

I dont have none iphone, i was looking to buy the SGS2 but now with the update of iOs 5 maybe i will buy the next iphone.

Thank very much for yours advices. Sometimes need someone to clarify things.

12. aleni macrumors 68020

u know what, every time i saw someone in a mall sitting on a cafe and browsing with their galaxy tab, i was like

"meh, how could people buy that tab when iPad 2 is really much nicer, better UI and smooth experience, faster, looks cooler, have more apps etc etc etc, and to sum it up, my iPad 2 is better than it!, but then i realized, where's my damn iPad 2? it's in the house, i left it because it's a pain to bring it out because the footprint is big, i know i can bring iPad 2 with ease if i have a bag, but i'm a simple man, i only bring iPhone and my wallet outside, so there it is".

dear God, please make steve release the 7" iPad even with only 6-7 hours of battery life, i would buy that!

13. genexrocket macrumors regular

Get Both! Use the "iPhone 5" for on the go and the iPad at home.

14. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

Your deciding on a product that is already released and one that no one knows anything about?

Better question. What should I get? iPad 3 or iPhone 5?

15. SaraSara macrumors newbie

Was contacted today by one of the programers who is a close friend of my Brother. He was told that it will be posted on Monday, that there will NOT be a Jailbreak for the Ipad 2 of the Iphone 4s. What they were hoping to do can no longer work for the public. I was shocked as I have a new 4s. But as with all good things, they do have to come to an end. So keep your eyes open for the official News which will not be taken kindly I am sure. But trust me they have lost days of sleep trying.

Sara

16. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

You'll be waiting for a year for the next iPhone. Meanwhile you'll be waiting 4 months for the iPad 3. Your choice.

17. iphone4s16gb macrumors 6502

believe me , if you want to get ipad why dont you buy labtop , labtop could do more things than ipad and cheaper , you could get 1 labtop and 1 iphone with your money to get ipad 2 ,

if my choice i will buy labtop and half money go to 4s or 5 in 2012

18. rosemary1, Nov 25, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2011

rosemary1 macrumors regular

Keep waiting for the next version of everything and never buy anything new again.