What to if we are not at home on Friday?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FullMetalx117, Oct 8, 2011.

1. FullMetalx117 macrumors regular

I ordered 3 iphones from Verizon that will be delivered on the 14th but I just been asked to work next weekend including Friday (On Call at Baylor Medical Center). The kids will also not come back from school. until 4:00 P.M. central time.

Is there anything I can do? What shipping carrier will Verizon likely ship with? Will that Carrier likely deliver on Saturday? Anyone have any advice?

2. haticK macrumors 6502a

haticK

in the past when we've had phones shipped to our house my dad would just write on a piece of paper telling fedex/ups (or whoever) to leave the package and then sign that and they always have.

3. jsh macrumors regular

There used to be something that you can print out authorizing the carrier to leave the box at your door (at your own risk, obviously.) not sure of it still exists.

Otherwise, call after the attempt and see if you can pick it up from the warehouse that evening or in Monday.

4. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

Once your phone ships, you can tell which carrier they will use. You can try leaving notes on your door but it is up to the driver if he or she wants to leave your phones outside your doorway. You can also note the driver to try your neighbor next door or hold at warehouse. Most Fedex holdings open Saturday.

5. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

Fed Ex will also allow you to have the package delivered to your local fedex kinkos office on the same day. I did that for the iPad 2s

6. X3NIA macrumors member

I ordered from Apple but I also won't be home due to work.

I'm just going to sign for it through the order status page and leave a note on the door to leave it on the screened-porch in the backyard.. My neighborhood is usually pretty safe but I don't trust a $400+ phone sitting on the front.

7. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

I know if you order through Apple.com on the order status page they put up a giant button that says pre-sign for this shipment. I don't know if Verizon does it, but FedEx should try to deliver it again on Monday. Saturday if you're lucky, I'm not sure which FedEx shipping method supports Saturday delivery, I think it's home delivery.

8. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

I agree. Every nerd including myself knows delivery is the 14th. It is really not hard to follow a Fedex/UPS track and steal people's iphone at their front porch.

9. blevins321 macrumors 68030

I've done this before. It becomes after one failed delivery attempt. As long as you do it the evening of the failed attempt, they'll get it to Kinkos the next day. My local Kinkos is open 24/7 so it's quite convenient for me to do it that way.

10. FullMetalx117 thread starter macrumors regular

will they even deliver it to kinkos on a saturday? I hope I get it with Fedex!

11. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

there is a form on the website of the delivery company where you can release the package to be left at your door step. depending on your neighborhood this could or could not be a bad idea.

12. ajcadoo macrumors 6502

ajcadoo

FedEx Express will be delivering the pre-orders as they did with the 3GS and 4. Leave a note authorizing the driver to leave the package at the door with your signature. If the package is stolen, it is not FedEx's liability once it has been dropped. So, its risky depending on where you live.

13. chdwil macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Last year FedEx delivered my phone to At&t store. They would not give it to me since it was a day before release. After a lot of complaining and a call to corporate they gave it to me.

14. ajcadoo macrumors 6502

ajcadoo

Also an option, once you have your tracking number, you can request the package to be held at a FedEx location online. The option is available once you track your package.

15. eagandale4114 macrumors 65816

eagandale4114

You can go to the sipping location after they make an attempt.
    Did that for my MBP.

16. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

A screened-in porch. Yeah, I have one of those too. This little lady was on the table in there inspecting a FedEx delivery one afternoon in the early spring. Yowza. Probably better at opening packages than I am.

Attached Files:

17. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

They will attempt to make the delivery, but if you are not around to sign for it, they will have it at their mailing center for pickup.

18. jca24 macrumors 6502a

jca24

Are the phone deliveries requiring a sig?
    if no, they leave it.
    if yes, they come back 2 more times.
    after 3, it goes back to hub.
    you must tell ups to take to local ups store, online or phone.

this is for ups, just went through it

:apple:

19. X3NIA macrumors member

I just trust it more because people are less likely to open a door (though not a house door) to get to a package to steal. It's also less visible and fenced in :)

This picture is completely relevant.

[​IMG]

20. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Oh lord! Please tell me that was a joke! LOL

21. theDUB macrumors 6502a

theDUB

You must be a pleasure for the employees of a retail establishment to deal with.

22. khollister macrumors 6502a

khollister

The shipping release Apple lets you print out will only work with Fedex. If your phone comes via UPS, they will not leave it (if it is marked signature required) regardless of a signed release.