iPhone XS Max What to sell second phone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tl01, Dec 9, 2018.

1. tl01, Dec 9, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2018

tl01 macrumors 68020

So I am thrilled I have both sims going in my Max...work and personal....and seems to be working great. How long would you hang on to your other phone? I plan to sell my other phone and keep this as my new set up. I assume/hope they won’t disable or mess this set up up in a software update?!

Title should say When to sell....?

2. Tom2D2 macrumors newbie

Tom2D2

I kind of like having a backup on hand (I've needed it before!)…but used iPhones are readily available, so I could always buy one when/if I needed it (at a much lower price than what I could sell the same phone for now).

3. tl01 thread starter macrumors 68020

We tend to have an extra phone or two around the house...so I think it would be okay....and like you said, I can sell the current phone for more than I would buy it back for. Hmmm.....

4. jsmith1 macrumors regular

How did you get setup this way?

5. tl01 thread starter macrumors 68020

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I own many phones, so I sold my iPhone X immediately because the price was good.

In terms of current iPhones, I still have an iPhone 7 that is slightly damaged that I keep for backup, I gave away my iPhone 7 Plus to a cousin.

7. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

Go ahead and sell while you can get a decent amount.

8. cwosigns macrumors 68000

cwosigns

I'm actually in the same boat. I like having one phone at the moment for work and personal line (yay eSIM!), but am debating on what to do with my iPhone X now that everything is on the XS Max.

9. tl01 thread starter macrumors 68020

It is so cool to have it all on one phone isn’t it!?

10. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Now I'm waiting for the quad active SIM iPhone XX cause I'm so sick of carrying two dual SIM phones!

11. tl01 thread starter macrumors 68020

Hmm....

12. jona2125 macrumors 6502a

If you are looking for some fast cash and are confident you won't need a spare/backup or in the case you do are able to acquire one then I would sell it straight away. I tend to wait about a month or so before giving away the phones to people who would make more use of them than myself.