Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MorphingDragon

macrumors 603
Mar 27, 2009
The World Inbetween
I'm not working on any games right now so this is all practice. I've been brushing up my CG skills since I'm finding it more enjoyable than all the programming and math of game development.

I still do the programming and such but I've been having too much fun making assets.

I've been coding in Haskell with FRP for my personal projects. Makes the Coding requirements take a nose dive.

But any projects that I make to release I use Unity3D ATM.

Last edited:

MisterFeeney

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2010
San Francisco
Oh a weekly basis Suits, and I'm also making my way through Community and How I Met Your Mother.

Love these series, all very entertaining and not too heavy which suits my current mood.

I want to give Breaking Bad a shot which I might do when I get a bit more time.

Breaking Bad is GREAT, however a bit repetitive in regards to its storyline. Suits and How I Met Your Mother are also good shows. :)

chrono1081

macrumors G3
Jan 26, 2008
Isla Nublar
I've been coding in Haskell with FRP for my personal projects. Makes the Coding requirements take a nose dive.

But any projects that I make to release I use Unity3D ATM.

I never tried Haskell although I hear a lot of people really like it.

I also ADORE Unity. Its my favorite game engine (that I've used).

MorphingDragon

macrumors 603
Mar 27, 2009
The World Inbetween
I never tried Haskell although I hear a lot of people really like it.

I also ADORE Unity. Its my favorite game engine (that I've used).

It's like Python, just spend a few weeks to learn the basics and you'll have most of the language down pat.

It's a language that requires you to think before you code. You can't just Tinker until something works like in the C languages. It's lacking in GUI frameworks, but it's slowly improving. For my Honours I may be making an XNA clone in Haskell with an UnrealScript like language. - I'm also looking at genetic programming in games (Starcraft) or an Explicitly Parallel Physics Engine. Not sure yet.

Unity is good, but it's engine is a little bloated.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Watching Twin Peaks right now. Genuine show..saw half of the show and already ordered Fire Walk with Me, although the current Blu-Ray release seems to have some serious audio-issues.

And during the day some Arrested Development episodes in between if I have time..never get tired of Tobias and Gob ('Gobias Industries', anyone?).

kirky29

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
Lincolnshire, England
Watching Twin Peaks right now. Genuine show..saw half of the show and already ordered Fire Walk with Me, although the current Blu-Ray release seems to have some serious audio-issues.

Another one here watching Twin Peaks, one of the best shows ever made! Seen them a good 20 times before!

Also watching The Simpsons - probably watch 4/5 episodes a day, again seen them all before too many times!

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Another one here watching Twin Peaks, one of the best shows ever made! Seen them a good 20 times before!

Also watching The Simpsons - probably watch 4/5 episodes a day, again seen them all before too many times!

Simpsons are a keeper..but i've seen them too often now..newer episodes didn't caught me though..

But I got hands on the wonderful Beavis & Butt-Head + Ren & Stimpy (Series 1-3) classics.

WilliamLondon

macrumors 68000
Dec 8, 2006
Mine are as follows,

1. LOST - Seen season 1&2 on release now rewatching up to season 4

I'm currently rewatching Entourage (on S6 now).

Others with new episodes that I'm a fan of that I watch each week: Suits, The Newsroom, Weeds.

Given that regular network shows I normally watch are currently on summer vacation, I'll start rewatching some other series to keep me busy, probably Lost because that's such a good show to watch and rewatch again and again.

Also, I just finished book 5 of A Song of Ice and Fire so I'll definitely be watching again S1 and S2 of A Game of Thrones, which is one of the highest quality programmes on television.

kirky29

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2009
Lincolnshire, England
Simpsons are a keeper..but i've seen them too often now..newer episodes didn't caught me though..

But I got hands on the wonderful Beavis & Butt-Head + Ren & Stimpy (Series 1-3) classics.

Yeah, I'm not too keen on the newer episodes, but the up to around season 16 I can just watch and watch them!

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012

I even started to drink my coffee black.

Attachments

• tumblr_m41wvk4dXC1rw67iuo1_500.jpg
    tumblr_m41wvk4dXC1rw67iuo1_500.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 62

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Was watching many things, but alas the summer programming is on full effect.

I am enjoying a couple of this summer B shows like The Firm (no s2, cancelled) , Take Me Out, Anger Management, Men at Work, Perception, The Newsroom, Sinbad, The Soul Man

I am currently watching some that have started their seasons again like Franklin & Bash, Workaholics, Futurama, Teen Wolf, PLL, Suits & Wilfred.

I do miss most Game of Thrones, BBT, HIMYM, The Colbert Report (I think he is back next week)

2020mike

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2012
Watching current season of True Blood.

Watching the following on HBO Go and Netflix

Generation Kill
Dr Who season 4

Going to start season 2 of Boardwalk empire and Game of Thrones. Im loving the HBO Go app, I'll probably re-watch some of their other shows I previously saw.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.