What was main reason you bought series 4?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by chiefs1968, Oct 28, 2018.

1. chiefs1968 macrumors regular

When I learned of the ECG feature coming to series 4 it was a good selling point and it was my only reason for getting series 4.
    How about you....what was the main reason you got the series 4?

2. Closingracer macrumors 68040

Bigger screen and it would last longer then the series 3.

3. Der Keyser macrumors regular

Der Keyser

Bigger screen, performance over S2 and LTE

4. tomtattoo macrumors regular

tomtattoo

Coming from a Series 1 it was clear that i will update but what really got me are the new watchfaces....

5. Volusia macrumors 6502

Volusia

Upgrade from a Series 2, prior to that, Series 0. Speed, size and additional heart functions.
    BTW the previous two are still in use...

6. CreepyAF macrumors regular

CreepyAF

i couldn't care less about ECG, but im sure it will help others. i wish i could opt not to have ECG to save $50-$100.

i got the s4 bc i had a s0 from day 1 and was ready to upgrade. as an early adopter and believer of the apple watch, im proud of how the watch has evolved to be one of the top sellers of apple's product line.

7. Oreon macrumors regular

Oreon

8. automan98 macrumors regular

Primary reason: The larger screen to have the info graphics face.

9. Jason Hensley macrumors 6502a

Jason Hensley

Better workout tracking hardware, the larger screen/new watch faces, ECG

10. CaptMarvel macrumors 65816

CaptMarvel

Screen size and watch faces were my primary reasons for upgrading. I came from an S3, so there’s a small bump in performance/speed but battery life is if at all about the same, sometimes worse (depending on your watch face & complications).

11. Cowboy1629 macrumors 6502

Cowboy1629

EVERYTHING.

I’m coming from SBSS S0 42mm that I punched on release day.

12. Benz63amg macrumors 68030

Benz63amg

13. musicpenguy macrumors 65832

Better LTE reception and the extra hour of outdoor workouts - also I gave the new gold aluminum color a shot, but hated it in the end the new gold stainless is perfect - rather enjoyed the series 1/2 gold, but 3/4 aluminum gold is just not right - glad to have the stainless option finally.

14. caelius macrumors 6502

caelius

For me: bigger screen, better design overall - and the fact that my S0 is sooo slow that it's hardly useful.

15. staggerlee41 macrumors 6502a

staggerlee41

Larger screen, refined design and the internal upgrades. S2 wasn't bad by any means, but the additional real estate of the larger screen and speed of the S4 were my two primary motivations.

16. ipaddaro macrumors regular

LTE... here in italy it’s the first time we can take advantage of it. now you can use LTE also with series 3 (last year you couldn’t), but once AW4 was out for me there was no sense getting the AW3. AW4 is superior in almost every aspect, costs more but could also last more... and i think i will enjoy it more than the AW3 also for the screen size

17. testcard macrumors 68040

testcard

Coming from an S2, larger screen and improved speed/performance.

18. Ntombi, Oct 28, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2018

Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

Fall detection and EKG.

Despite being an Apple geek, I had no interest in the Watch, mostly because I have a lot of joint pain, and wearing something on my wrist wasn’t appealing. But I have MS and other health issues, and live alone, so I was already aware that I needed a way to reach help if I had another bad fall. The series 4 came out with the right features at the right time.

Beyond the peace of mind I feel wearing it, I’m also enjoying it a lot overall. Two things I didn’t expect to love as much as I do are Apple Pay on the watch (who knew it’d be so much more convenient than the already super convenient Apple Pay on the iPhone?) and being able to adjust volume and other controls for podcasts and music playback without taking the phone out of my pocket.

19. DennisdeWit macrumors 6502

DennisdeWit

I never owned an Apple Watch 4. All the other series made me feel it is ‘unfinished’. But I loved the design and I wanted an Apple Watch for 1.5 year. So, after the more edged design, I decided to go for it. I’m very happy with it!

20. Dave Meadows macrumors 68040

Dave Meadows

Bigger screen and the "click" on the Digital Crown.

21. StumpyBloke macrumors 6502a

StumpyBloke

Cos I upgrade every year (also really wanted the bigger screen).

22. Dave Meadows macrumors 68040

Dave Meadows

Do you get the aluminium or the SS? I suppose if you upgrade every year (I do with my iPhones) once you've paid for one, you can sell and upgrading isn't so expensive?

23. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

Its Really simple, the Apple Watch was a in need of having revamped physical features after having three years of the same design. The larger display, the reduced bezels, all have made a significant difference in terms of actually refreshing the Apple Watch.

But I think the consensus is, others upgraded because they wanted a larger display either with the 40 mm or 44, my preference being with a 44 mm sold me. Just Viewing content on a larger display is much easier reading texts/and other information.

24. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

25. StumpyBloke macrumors 6502a

StumpyBloke

I always go for the aluminium model with cellular (since that’s been available obvs). When I traded in my S3 a few weeks ago I got roughly half what I paid for it so was pretty happy with that.