Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TequilaBoobs

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2006
One of the better decisions:

Notifying my parents that my brother was doing drugs.

Others:
Focused on helping friends in need.

was your brother abusing drugs to where his functioning was impaired?

or was he a recreational user and u ratted him out?

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
i saw first hand what happened when a pt employee of mine joined a well known door to door "evangelizing" type of cult

he went all fundie on me and suddenly everything in the bible was literal down to the fact that women could not be ministers, men could not sport beards (not in the bible though) and that there were exactly 144,000 people going to heaven...oh, and all from his church denomination and nobody else's of course

that poor guy was under so many restrictions due to the fact that he was one of a historically recent few who knew what the real truth and mission was of the universe :)
While your first comment about cults, humored me, these comments reminded me of a terrible incident from a few years ago.

My best friend's other best friend in HS made the decision to follow God. He was such as nice guy and was truly interested in following his spiritual path. At that time it was a great decision for him.

Unfortunately, he unknowingly got involved in a non-religious organization that was using religion as a cover. When he found out he tried to leave. They ended up brutally torturing him for about 3 days before he died.

You have to be very careful in what organizations you choose to join and follow. There are some weird ones out there.

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
May 28, 2002
downtown
Best decision I ever made was deciding to go to college. I was a senior in highschool and my math teacher pulled me aside and said "I heard you're not planning to go to college?" and I said "Yeh.. I haven't really thought about it much." and she replied "That's a mistake, you're a smart kid... you need to go to college." So I took the prep exams, got into college and graduated with a degree in engineering.

It was the best 4.5 years of my life and if I hadn't gone I'd still be in that **** town doing piss work!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.