what will be the popular color this year?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by coolweirdo, Sep 11, 2014.

1. coolweirdo macrumors regular

coolweirdo

Last year we all know that Gold was by far the popular color when the 5s was released last year... but what will be the popular color this year? Me Myself will be getting the iPhone 6 plus but in my opinion i think the gold model will look kinda funny being that big in gold... what color this year will be hard to get ur hands on?

2. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

3. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Gold was only in short supply because they didn't anticipate how popular it would be. Black is still the most popular year after year.

4. coolweirdo thread starter macrumors regular

coolweirdo

5. ItHurtsWhenIP macrumors 6502

I think it's a lot of phone to have covered in gold...

6. gagecloutier macrumors member

I'm having an inner battle over this as we speak. I'm 100% going for the 128GB 6+, but I'm torn between Silver and Space Gray. Up until now I've had a black iPhone 4 and a Black/Slate iPhone 5. :rolleyes:

Has anyone noticed the anodized aluminum of the Space Gray 5S holding up better than the 5's Black/Slate? The paint is scraped off around the edges of my 5. Haven't used a case, plan on doing the same with my 6+.

7. coolweirdo thread starter macrumors regular

coolweirdo

now that you mention it you are right, do you think they fixed that? another concern is does the black show a lot of fingerprints visibility?

8. HJ24 macrumors regular

9. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

I wanted gold last year but settled on black. The gold iPhone is very pretty this year. However the black is by far the prettiest iPhone of them all....this year anyway. Last Year I wouldve said the silver or gold.

10. munakib macrumors 6502

seems like Space Grey based on all that I have read from posters. It has to be the ugly bands that is really putting off the people...I guess as its pre-order time, everyone will get the grey to be safe. Once we get to see the Gold in the AppleStore, ppl 'might' change their mind - I think not, the bands..ohhhh...

11. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

16gb space gray as always. The 6 will outsell the 6+ at least 3 to 1

12. gagecloutier macrumors member

Who truly knows but I don't foresee the margin being quite that large from all the polls and whatnot I've seen since Tues.

[​IMG]

13. coolweirdo thread starter macrumors regular

coolweirdo

did you notice that there wasn't many videos this year from the bloggers with the gold iPhone

14. Cougarcat macrumors 604

I don't think the people who participate in these kinds of polls are necessarily representative of the entire iPhone customer base.

15. gagecloutier macrumors member

Good point, it's not the most representative sample, but I don't think it'll be 3:1. Nonetheless, who cares? They'll both be great!

16. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

What cougar said. I think at least 3 to 1. People still finance phones like crazy. 5.5 is a massive phone. Especially for people coming from a 3.5" or 4"

17. FazZa-3 macrumors regular

Imo the space gray looks the best this year, i've never liked the gold on any model. I've currently got the white 5, but the space gray iP6 is beautiful. :cool: