What will my first iPhone bill be?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wordoflife, Jul 15, 2009.

1. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Hi,

My current bill is about $120 dollars with 3 lines on a 1400 minute family plan. There are no texting or data plans added to either of the phones. I plan to upgrade one of the phones to an iPhone and add a $5 messaging plan. What is my first bill going to look like? What are the rest of the bills going to look like?

This is what I was thinking- Please correct me if I am incorrect.

First Bill:
    $120 (current bill)
    +$30 (data)
    +$5 (text messaging)
    +$18 (upgrade fee)

Total for first bill: $173

Rest of the bills: $155

Thanks for all your help.

2. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

There is no way anyone on here is going to be able to tell you what your first bill will be. AT&T does this crazy prorating system that isn't publicly readable and is somewhat all over the place.

Your normal bill will just go up $35 and some tax.

3. wordoflife thread starter macrumors 604

wordoflife

Thanks for the reply.

I suppose if it gets higher than $173 for the first bill, then I'll just complain. Last time I complained about something, and they gave me a cheaper bill for that month :)

4. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

It could very well be more than $173. But you are probably right, if you complain they will work with you. They completely over complicate the upgrade process in this way.

5. arykmax macrumors regular

It's pretty easy to figure out prorating if you have your bill cycle date. They take the full charge / 30 * days left in bill cycle.

6. Lakerfan210 macrumors regular

The rest of the bills you're going to be in the middle of 175-200. I don't know about your first bill because of how they prorate it. I just got rid of one of my 3gs so I cancel the data plan. $10 are going to be credited on my current bill and $20 on my next one. Go figure. Hey but it's better than nothing. btw CS rep was very helpful!

7. wordoflife thread starter macrumors 604

wordoflife

Why would is be between $175-$200?!
    I was expecting to be $155!

8. SeanMcC macrumors regular