What will persuade you to purchase an iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thomamon, Sep 16, 2011.

1. thomamon macrumors 65816

thomamon

I'm not really sure if I am going to upgrade or not, now that the phone was not released late June/early July like in the past I am that much closer to being done with my ATT contract where I can jump ship.

The one thing that will make me without a doubt upgrade is they offer 4g LTE, then I will sell my 4 and make the switch to Verizon now.

Also hoping it comes with some sort of a GPS Upgrade as I need a new one and don't want to spend cash on an actual GPS.

2. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

I already am buying it. I'm just painfully waiting for the keynote.

3. Burton8219 macrumors 6502

I'm upgrading to the iPhone 5 or the Blackberry 9900... whichever comes out first is where I'm going. I've learned tech loyalty when it comes to cell phones gets you nowhere lol

4. thomamon thread starter macrumors 65816

thomamon

It's like Chinese water torture, isn't it?

5. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

So many threaten to jump ship.. Every year. Really gets annoying because the grass is never greener on the other side.

6. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Yup. I jumped ship a few weeks ago... to Android - Galaxy S2. I regretted it and sold it.

7. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

How is it a threat? People stating there is a reason they might not buy a phone shouldn't really be a threat to you. I too am looking elsewhere, mainly because I want a bigger display. I'm not threatening to leave, I'm just interested in a feature the iPhone doesn't currently offer.

8. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Hell yes. Everyday without an invite is a sad day in the iPhone world for me

9. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

One would think common sense would kick in. Why would I say I was being threatened? I was referring to his comment saying he would leave AT&T once his contract was up.

10. smithrh macrumors 68020

smithrh

Untrue - sometimes the grass is not only greener before you jump, but remains that way after you jump to the other side.

I have phones on two major networks. One network drops voice calls like no tomorrow, and has for years. The other network rarely drops calls. It's a factor of 50.

When I jump, I'll be very happy to be on the other side.

Of course, there are other factors here, but if phone can't reliably function as a phone, well, that's a pretty major factor.

11. ap3604 macrumors 68000

4 inch screen.

Might be persuaded by a monster Android/Win phone otherwise...

12. MisterDisney macrumors 6502a

For me to buy the newest iPhone, two things have to line up just right. First, Apple releases a new iPhone. Second, I'm alive when it's released.

13. thomamon thread starter macrumors 65816

thomamon

It is inevitable that I am jumping ship from AT&T, it is just a matter of time.

Will it be for iPhone 5? Yes, I will pay the fee to cancel if it offers 4G LTE on Verizon. If it does not, I will wait for the next iPhone which definitely will be 4G and jump at that time.

It was not meant as a threat to anyone, its a fact. AT&T Service is awful. A family member works for AT&T and they know its awful, this coming from the inside and higher ups.

My wife getting the iPhone for Verizon has pretty much sealed the deal tho of giving AT&T anymore chances with how well her phone works where mine doesn't. Sure, they are working on patching things up and having a better network in a couple of years(although the T-Mobil deal not going through right now hurts them terriblye), but I'm not waiting around for that.

I also may try a 4G Droid on Verizon in the mean time if the 5 is not 4G, but I have it on good authority the 5 WILL Be 4g. Only time will tell tho.

14. Smileyboy macrumors 65816

Smileyboy

Just the mere release of it... Haha. Well for me if it is faster, higher MP camera/better camera, bigger screen and storage... Since one of these should be done. I will probably buy it.

15. eaglesteve macrumors 6502

Only one thing: iPhone 5 must have a 4 inch screen.

16. Darthdingo macrumors 6502a

If you drop it off at my house free of charge, I might use the iPhone5. Otherwise I am happy to pay $500 for the new Nexus-Prime, which will make the iPhone5 look outdated.

http://androidandme.com/2011/09/dev...s-on-with-the-nexus-prime-ice-cream-sandwich/

- The Prime will run on Samsung’s Exynos dual core CPU clocked at 1.5 GHz, 1 GB RAM, Super AMOLED Plus 4.65-inch 1280 x 720 HD display, 16 GB internal memory (with SD card slot). It's 8.8mm thick with a metal body and a 2000 mAh battery (the same as the new one that’s being released for the Galaxy S II).

- It is heavier than the SGSII, weighing in at around 130g-140g because of the metal casing. It feels nice and has got decent weight.

- The phone is blazingly fast; I guess it’s as fast the SGS II. It has no issues with general use and opens apps, drawers, etc. instantly. No lag. I tried opening a whole bunch of apps, but it was still running smooth and would auto-kill once it got overloaded anyway, so you never feel the performance taking a hit.

Ice Cream Sandwich:

- Ice Cream Sandwich is very nice. It works like the current Gingerbread OS but has gotten a major facelift. The menus are a lot nicer and smoother, screens have a ‘glassy’ look to them. It just feels more polished with more animations (fast and smooth) when accessing things on the phone.[/I]

17. dsquared81 macrumors 6502

Pretty simple for me, if it's a redesign and I like it, I'm getting it.

18. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

19. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

asthetics will obviously play a big part !

Under the hood, duel core will interest me.

In the end I'm hooked on apples quality and good customer service.

20. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

I'm getting the 5 but not until end of november due to money issues so will be happy playing with iOS 5 on my 4 until I get the cash for it

21. disarticulate macrumors regular

if it runs iOS5 or anything simpler/more efficient that iOS5 I'll buy it. All I'm looking for is a fully functional, very efficient phone that works exactly the way I want it to right out of the box. Some super duper battery life wouldn't hurt either :D

22. Psychild macrumors newbie

Psychild

Of Course I'll upgrade iPhone 4 to 5 - but more important to me is....

is not giving AT&T my business. I don't have problems with their service but the fact that sponsor Republican and Tea Party candidates with multi-million dollar contributions burns me up. Anti-Hippie, Anti-ecology, Anti-Groovy to the tune of mega millions!!! :mad: It's sickening when you research who and what they fund..... Verizon or Sprint will get some research from me to decide my switch .... I'll like the spirit and politics of Credo :) .... but they offer nothing for iPhone users. :( .... bummer! Anywaze if your a true Mac/Apple Fanboy or gurl or Fanhippie.... of course you'll upgrade to iPhone 5.... A better camera is very hip to me. Alwayz way groovy when you have the latest greatest Apple products! Far Out! I'll have the new iPhone! :D

23. ann713 macrumors 6502a

Isn't the 9900 already released? (At for US's T-Mobile and Verizon)

24. disarticulate macrumors regular

Take your politics elsewhere, this is an :apple: forum.

25. supermarky macrumors newbie

When they make an iphone that actually functions well as a phone t h e n I would get one. I need a real phone, not an iphone!

It might be AT&T but then again it might not be...