iPad What will the new iPad Air be called?

TheDeviceUser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 20, 2014
U.K
I've been thinking, although, here on the forums we are currently calling this product the 'iPad Air 2', it sounds rather a clunky name and I think it's one apple is unlikely to use. Therefore, I thought I would throw around some suggestions.

- The new iPad Air
- iPad Air (Apple would announce the new version as simply an update to the new product)
- iPad Air HD (Referencing the possible Retina HD Display)

What do you think, personally I think the second is an unlikely name, as it would provide limits to the marketing scope.

Angriff

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2013
I think they'll just call it the new iPad Air. Anything else just seems clunky. I suspect they basically see it the same way as the Mac model naming goes. You don't get a number when a new MBP or MBA or iMac comes out.

TheDeviceUser

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 20, 2014
U.K
The name of the next iPad

Apple is expected to announce a new version of the iPad Air next week. Although there has been much debate as to what the new product could be called. Names such as

- iPad Air 2
- The new iPad Air
- iPad
- iPad Air
- The new iPad
- iPad Air HD

have all been suggested. However, what do you think will be the name of the next 9.7' iPad? Vote in the poll and discuss below.

Xeyad

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2012
Why don't they just follow the way cars are named?

2015 iPad Air or 2015 iPad Mini sound pretty cool to me. Better than naming it "iPad Mini With Retina Display" or "The New iPad".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.