What will you do if Apple does not address the iPhone 4 reception issue?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dmelgar, Jul 1, 2010.

?

iPhone 4 owners: What will you do if Apple does not address the reception issue?

1. Return the iPhone. Never buy another Apple product again

10 vote(s)
    3.7%
  2. Return the iPhone. Get a non-Apple phone

35 vote(s)
    13.1%
  3. Return the iPhone. Go back to iPhone 3G, 3GS

34 vote(s)
    12.7%
  4. Keep the iPhone. Keep hoping they'll fix it

53 vote(s)
    19.8%
  5. Keep the iPhone. I can live with the issue

52 vote(s)
    19.4%
  6. Keep the iPhone. What problem? Best phone ever!

84 vote(s)
    31.3%
  1. dmelgar macrumors 68000

If we ignore the debate regarding whether Apple with address the iPhone 4 reception issue and if we assume for the purposes of this poll that Apple will NOT address the iPhone 4 reception issue anytime soon.... what will you do?

This poll is for current purchasers of iPhone 4s (ordered but not received ok).
    Could do a separate poll for non-iPhone 4 owners.

2. ipoddin macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

Continue using my phone since I don't have reception issues.

3. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

I'll probably just keep it and make the best of it. Still better than any other device I've owned.

4. hcho3 macrumors 68030

I will probably sue apple. But, it's not only because of it's reception issues. IT's much more than that.
    First we have customer relations people telling me don't hold it certain way. Second, no one in apple is willing resolve this issue at any costs. They just don't care about it. They even told me that there is no issue, but we are working on it. Apple is just absolutely worst company in terms of customer service.

5. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Continue enjoying the hell out of this phone. It's a non issue for me. Apple's response however, has been lackluster.

6. woosah macrumors regular

woosah

+:apple:

7. jakeacc macrumors regular

Most people (at least on these message boards) will keep the phone regardless and continue to complain about why Apple sucks.

If the reception issue is as bad as they claim it is (i.e. their phone is un-usable), the only sensible thing to do is return it immediately and buy one of the many other smartphones on the market.

8. dmelgar thread starter macrumors 68000

Darn. Is there a way to edit a poll after you create it? I should have had an option for those who don't have an iPhone 4 so they can see the results.

9. xxxsteveoxxx macrumors member

xxxsteveoxxx

Why even say that.

10. Espo macrumors 6502

To the best of my understanding, if you use a Bumper/Case, the reception issue goes away... So why not just get a case? It protects the phone and saves you the issue until Apple comes out w/ a fix...

if they do come out with a fix & it is a hardware fix then just bring it to the Apple Store and IM sure they will replace it for you.

The issue will be resolved.

11. zoman504 macrumors regular

You know what's funny, most of us "whining" about the reception issues actually like Apple. Why the hell do you think we are this pissed off. If we didn't want to keep the phone, or didn't like the phone, we would have returned it immediately. Claiming everyone who complains about the major issues the iPhone 4 is having hates Apple is a f'n joke.

12. woosah macrumors regular

woosah

LMFAO... You go right ahead and sue Apple big guy. FYI, Steve Jobs has DEEP pockets.

Here's a thought, grow a :apple::apple:, and take a stand. Return your iPhone and never buy Apple products again. That's what any sane person would do if they truly felt the way you do. I think you're just ticked off and talking smack, like 99.99999% of the people on here. You won't take your phone back, you won't stop patronizing Apple, and you won't sue them either.

13. zoman504 macrumors regular

Wrong on both accounts. From my experience, and others, the bumper helps but does not alleviate the issues. Apple is also refusing to exchange phone's having "reception issues" only.

14. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

I use the phone mostly as a media/internet/networking device. Phone is maybe a tertiary function at best. I'll keep it.

Not to say I won't be annoyed about it.

15. JML42691 macrumors 68020

JML42691

I simply won't buy the current version and I'll wait for iPhone 5 or whatever they choose to call it.

16. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

I had just talked myself out of the iPhone 4 and into switching to Sprint and getting the EVO when my wife decided she just couldn't live without the iPhone after all (we both have 3Gs right now). So now I'm just going to wait until the white iP4 comes out and hope the antenna issues have been resolved by then. If they have not, I have no idea what I'll do.

17. definitive macrumors 68000

definitive

reception issue? what reception issue? i am a dedicated apple fanboy, and will give steve jobs all of my money and organs if he so desires.

and on a more serious note - i'll be switching to android.

18. anja98 macrumors newbie

19. Claude626 macrumors 6502

I will keep the phone and use it with a case as I've originally planned to do anyways. Reception issue or not, my phone is going to get a thin case--think bikini... but for iPhone. lol

I already have little faith in the thing surviving if I do drop it with any case on, so might as well put on a case to prevent scratches and still look sexy, but I digress from the topic.

If all it takes is a case to insulate my fingers from the antenna, then I consider that not an issue for me. However a flaw is a flaw... and I would keep hoping Apple would fix it.

20. NWI73 macrumors 6502a

I'll keep it and love it. It's definitely true if you palm it in that corner it drops reception a few bars but just find a different way to hold it and quit bitchin. I have gotten over it. When I make phone calls, I leave it sitting on it's back and use bluetooth. Non issue here :D

Everything about the phone is simply amazing. Hardware and software both. I never thought twice about spending $199 on the phone. Hell I would have probably spend $400 :cool:

21. jkrutch macrumors regular

Once again, a mountain being made from a mole hill. The issue is minor (at least in my case and others I know that have the phone). More importantly, if anyone really thinks that Apple will simply sit idle and let this taint their reputation, you're too stupid to get it. Apple has a responsibility to drive shareholder value. Jobs stated this morning there is a fix coming that will address the reception issue.

http://www.electronista.com/articles/10/07/01/jobs.makes.clearer.that.iphone.4.is.being.fixed/

For Christ's sake...this is not like a stuck accelerator that can kill someone. It's a phone...if you hate it that much return it and be done. No one is stuck in their new iPhone.

I picked up a Belkin clear case at BB for $25 bucks. It helped the issue, but I wasn't going naked anyways since I want to keep the phone in nice shape. I normally use my Jawbone Icon and rarely hold the phone so for me it's the best phone I've ever had by a long shot.

22. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

Did you forget your pills this morning? No one on this thread is talking about the iPhone antenna issues as if they are life/death, no one is slamming anyone for wanting to leave the iPhone or stay with it.

Except you.

And if you are happy paying an extra $25+ so that your iPhone works as a phone, more power to you. But before you leap off a building in anger over people discussing the issue (on an Apple-centric message board, no less), perhaps you should at least give everyone else the benefit of making their own decision without being insulted.

23. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I have the problem, use a case for protection of the iPhone so to me it is a non- issue.

The iPhone is in a tie with my iPad as the greatest piece of tech gear ever designed or manufactured.

24. dthmtlgod macrumors 6502

Ditto. I know I would feel the same either way if I had an issue, return it if you are not happy.

I just don't get people. If you have a product you are not happy with, just return it and move on. There should be no discussion. If the company said a fix is coming and you can wait, so be it, but give it a rest. Geez.