What will you do on June 7th?

How do you prefer to find out about the new iPhone?

• Total voters

Anthony T

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
With WWDC only 20 days away, I thought I'd get a fun thread going. Basically, what will you be doing on June 7th during the iPhone announcement?

Will you be keeping up with the WWDC minute-by-minute live updates from Engadget and/or Gizmodo? Or will you want to be surprised, and wait until the announcement is over, and check the Apple website to see the new iPhone and then watch the keynote? Will you be at home, or work, or school? Maybe you will be lucky enough to be one of those to be attending WWDC?

Just thought it would be cool to find out what people will be doing during this announcement?

r3voLoL

macrumors member
May 12, 2010
With WWDC only 20 days away, I thought I'd get a fun thread going. Basically, what will you be doing on June 7th during the iPhone announcement?

Will you be keeping up with the WWDC minute-by-minute live updates from Engadget and/or Gizmodo? Or will you want to be surprised, and wait until the announcement is over, and check the Apple website to see the new iPhone and then watch the keynote? Will you be at home, or work, or school? Maybe you will be lucky enough to be one of those to be attending WWDC?

Just thought it would be cool to find out what people will be doing during this announcement?
1. I'm thinking gizmodo won't be attending WWDC this year...

2. I will be watching engadget's blog at work.

pound4pound30

macrumors 6502
Nov 22, 2009
I will be reading blogs throughout and then watch the keynote when it is released to see it in action. And its on a Monday so I will be home enjoying it.

Anthony T

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Working.

My life doesn't revolve around apple and/or the iPhone. Its a great product but in general, I'll not be going out of my way on this.
If you read my whole post, you will see that I included work/school, and simply asked if you'd be trying to keep up with the WWDC announcement at school/work. You have a life. We get it. We all do.

maxthemonkey

macrumors newbie
May 18, 2010
Surrey, UK
I'm a student, and not a rich one at that - i save my hard earned cash to buy a 3GS, two months before a new iphone is announced. *Self Facepalm*

anthdci

macrumors 6502a
Jun 8, 2009
I will most likely be at work, but since im in the UK it'll either be late afternoon or when im on my way home. Does anyone know what time the keynote will take place?

bigjnyc

macrumors 603
Apr 10, 2008
I'm a student, and not a rich one at that - i save my hard earned cash to buy a 3GS, two months before a new iphone is announced. *Self Facepalm*
since the first iPhone everyone knows a new one will be released every June or July :confused: why didn't you just wait

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
If you read my whole post, you will see that I included work/school, and simply asked if you'd be trying to keep up with the WWDC announcement at school/work. You have a life. We get it. We all do.
and you asked what I'll be doing. I told you what I was doing. I get it, you wanted to know what I was doing :rolleyes:

tooz

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2009
Seeing as Im in Australia time, I will sleep while the keynote's on, get up at 8am, read MacRumors and see what happened. I will then download the keynote and probably watch it after school instead of doing my maths homework

rkswat

macrumors regular
May 11, 2010
and you asked what I'll be doing. I told you what I was doing. I get it, you wanted to know what I was doing :rolleyes:
Oh Snap!

I work nights so will be sleeping.... no live blogs for me. I'll check out the sites when I get up then watch it later at work. Time to put all the bs speculation to bed and see what features are packed into that sweet aluminum and glass chassis. :D

STEVESKI07

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2009
Washington, DC

I agree and it's too bad because I enjoyed Gizmodo's live blog the most from the past anouncements.

I'll be following one of the live blogs from work. Hopefully it won't be a busy day filled with meetings.

rkswat

macrumors regular
May 11, 2010
I agree and it's too bad because I enjoyed Gizmodo's live blog the most from the past anouncements.
If Stevie and Apple really wanted to be the "bigger" people in this, they would personally call and invite Gizmodo. That would be huge.... I know he/they won't but just think how cool they would be if they did. Plus think of all the coverage that would get, tons I would bet.

tiptopp

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2008
Norwich, UK
I will most likely be at work, but since im in the UK it'll either be late afternoon or when im on my way home. Does anyone know what time the keynote will take place?
The one announcing the iPad was at 10am on the other side of the US, so was at 6pm here. It's usually at about the same time, I think. So I'll be on the way home, glancing at Twitter and a blog or two, and then wishing the evening away until the video appears on Apple.com.

TT

CaryMacGuy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2006
Morrisville, NC
I will be working but will have a feed going on my test box while I am using my prod box to do my job. Then when things are slow, I will go on Apple's website and look at the new iDevice(s) (whatever it is). Then when I get home at about 9pm, I will check out the video of the keynote online.

CaryMacGuy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2006
Morrisville, NC
If Stevie and Apple really wanted to be the "bigger" people in this, they would personally call and invite Gizmodo. That would be huge.... I know he/they won't but just think how cool they would be if they did. Plus think of all the coverage that would get, tons I would bet.
They could let the guy from Gizmodo do the official announcement :p

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
I'll also be working but will have my personal laptop next to my work one and will be following whoever has a live blog up while occasionally glancing over at "work." ;)

Maverick1337

macrumors 65816
Nov 4, 2008
Lol, June 7th is the start my of my finals. Luckily I have one at 7:00 at night so i'll be watching a live blog with a little bit of studying on the side :D

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
Is the keynote usually on the first or second day? I hear it's usually on Tuesday right?

Edit: not sure where I read that it was usually on Tuesday (pretty sure on MR somwhere) but last year it was on Monday the 8th.