Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How do you prefer to find out about the new iPhone?

• Total voters

phobic99

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2008
Working.

My life doesn't revolve around apple and/or the iPhone. Its a great product but in general, I'll not be going out of my way on this.

Same here. I can't say I'm not curious to see what they announce but I'm not really getting my hopes up either.

JosephBergdoll

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2009
NYC
I plan on waking up, eating breakfast, living my life, eating lunch, spitting game on the ladies, eating dinner, watching my favorite television show for about an hour, and then going to sleep.

rerelease

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2009
eesti
I think I'll make this the first keynote I don't keep consistent track of on various blogs. Whatever Steve has to tell me, it can wait 'til the next morning...

1Zach1

macrumors 65816
Feb 8, 2008
Northern Va
I'll be at work, so most likely checking my iPhone for whatever live feed is working as often as I can, but won't really be able to get details until that night.

sarcosis

macrumors 6502a
Apr 25, 2006
These United States
I'll be where I normally am at that time, work. But i'll be watching the Live blog from Ars Technica. They usually have a good live blog at these events. I like the ones that use "Cover it Live" vs the Engadget refresh. It's just more handy.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
Luckily, this year, Monday is a work from home day. So I'll be sitting on my couch with the TV on but muted or paused either playing the Keynote live and/or switching back and forth between the Engadget and Gizmodo live blogs. I gotta see if Gizmodo has anything interesting to say. ;)

JSAYER

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2010
England
For many keynotes I have been furiously watching my computer screen to see what is coming next "as it happens". But this time I am waiting till it is released on iTunes so I can get a surprise when I watch it not just seeing text about it on a blog.

Just a question why don't Apple stream it live? For im sure many people would be happy with paying around £5 to watch it ;)

Dr Kevorkian94

macrumors 68020
Jun 9, 2009
SI, NY
As for me I have classes that day, I will keep track on my iPhone I can't wait but it would be great if I was off one can only dream............:p lol

What time does it start New York time?

calb

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2009
UK
I'll probably be reading the Engadget live blog. With the 'always on' world we live in, there's absolutely no way I'd be able to cut myself off until the keynote video is up.

My exams finish a week earlier, so I'll feel absolutely no guilt whatsoever by sitting around waiting and doing nothing all day on the 7th. Students can afford to be lazy at the end of term.

Mr. Chewbacca

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2010
Dallas TX
Its nice having 2 screens at work. One for the blog and one to look like I'm working.

In the unlikley event they announce the phone is for sale that very day I have plans to fake a violent illness run from my desk to the parking lot with my hand over my mouth like I'm trying not to puke, and drive directly to the store.

errrr I mean "I dont care bc I have a life"

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
Its nice having 2 screens at work. One for the blog and one to look like I'm working.

In the unlikley event they announce the phone is for sale that very day I have plans to fake a violent illness run from my desk to the parking lot with my hand over my mouth like I'm trying not to puke, and drive directly to the store.

errrr I mean "I dont care bc I have a life"

All iphone users in our office have already agreed to carpool from work to the nearest apple store if it is released that day.. lol.

angevil

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2008
I will be watching two live blogs and probably a video of someone else blogging about the live blog :D I will spread it in Spaces on my Mac and go in circle like a lunatic. Did the same with iPad announcement and OS 4.0 presentation.

I wish I could wait until the keynote video is uploaded and watch it. It would be much more exciting, but I don′t think I will be able to wait. How can I not see my RSS feeds? :p How could I go to sleep knowing that all the info is out and I have to wait until another day to see the news? (Usually these keynotes take place in the evening of my time zone in Europe.)

So, my big question to you is: How long does usually take for the keynote video to be available for streaming on Apple′s website?

nick1516

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2008
I tend to have my computer on one of the live update sites, and I'll check it every few minutes.

Geckotek

macrumors G3
Jul 22, 2008
NYC
Don't know what CDT is, but as Apple are on the West coast, they are 8 hours behind us in the UK. So if the event starts at 10am local time, it'll be 6pm in the UK.

TT

CDT = Central Daylight Time (where I am)

Yes, California is West Coast = PDT

I guess I calculated backward. I subtracted instead of added. Also, didn't realize you guys had summer hours like we do.

So as requested, GMT is 5:00 PM.
BST is 6:00 PM as you said.
At the specified time, local time in London is 8 hours ahead of Los Angeles

Location Local time Time zone
Los Angeles (U.S.A. - California) Monday, June 7, 2010 at 10:00:00 AM UTC-7 hours PDT
London (U.K. - England) Monday, June 7, 2010 at 6:00:00 PM UTC+1 hour BST
Corresponding UTC (GMT) Monday, June 7, 2010 at 17:00:00

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.