What will you do with your 1st gen iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Widgetal, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Widgetal macrumors newbie

I'm getting a 3GS on Friday and plan to put it back in the box ready to show... my... er... cats in a few years.

What will you do? I'm guessing they're fairly worthless now so don't intend on selling mine.

2. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

you might be surprised how much u will get it for. I have heard many people say the 1st gen iPhone has the best quality of the three

3. stuartteach macrumors member

getting £127 for it from www.fonebank.com

4. schmoopy.design macrumors regular

They don't appear to be too worthless if you check ebay. They are still fetching a nice chunk of change. I've been watching several because I myself I trying to get one as a spare to my 3G.

5. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Fairly Worthless? L.O.L.

Unlock it, unload it.

200 easily on ebay/craigslist especially if its in good condition with accessories.

6. divorce certifi macrumors newbie

What will you do with your 1st gen iPhone?

If you are like me, you currently have a first generation iPhone and plan on purchasing the new iPhone 3G July 11th but you are wondering what in the world do you do with your old iPhone. Don’t worry, you are not alone. I have been pondering the same thing. The $199 or $299 dollar question is what do you do with your old first generation iPhone? I have listed a few options that many of you may consider. Provided that you have already read How To Replace Your Original iPhone With The New iPhone 3G you can read below.

AT&T has confirmed that owners of first generation iPhones that have upgraded to the new iPhone 3G will be able to deactivate their original iPhone and use it as basically an iPod touch. You will still be able to access all features (except make phone calls, duh!) and even the iTunes store via Wi-Fi.

If you want to hand your old iPhone down to a family member or use it as another cell phone that can be done also. You can reactivate your original iPhone to utilize another cellular phone number (see your AT&T rep.) with no problem.

Other options may include unlocking the iPhone 1.0 and keep it for international use. You can pop in a sim card from other services from around the world and the iPhone should work just fine as an international cell phone.

You can keep the iPhone 1.0 in reserve just in case the new iPhone 3G is lost, or broken. You know how those glass screens can get damaged… You may want to BUY A CASE for it!
    [​IMG]

7. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Hand down to little bro.

8. mak10 macrumors regular

I'm holding on to mine. My brother got the white screen of death on his iPhone a few months ago and nothing could bring it back, he had to resort to using a RAZR.... I dont think I could go back to that haha. So I'll keep this one as a backup in case the new one ever dies. Plus I can use it as a jailbroken iPod Touch