What will you do??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gravytrain84, Jul 15, 2010.

1. gravytrain84 macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

If Job's says no word on a recall or improving signal or proximity sensor problems, what will you do with your IP4? Will you return your ip4, buy another smartphone from ATT? Will you stick it out and try iphone again next year? Will you bring your ip4 back and find a cheap 3Gs on craigslist?

I have no idea what I will do at this point, I received my second IP4 in the mail yesterday and so far it has been okay but i'm waiting for something to go wrong.... IMO, it would be terrible going back to a 3Gs display and decreased speed so in the end, I'll probably just ride out the storm and wait for something better to come along. :confused:

ETA: Does ATT currently have a smartphone that is relatively comparable to the IP4?

2. JDee macrumors 6502a

3. gravytrain84 thread starter macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

I would too, if IT FIXED THE SIGNAL ISSUE!! Too bad it doesn't.

:rolleyes:

4. spidar macrumors newbie

I wish people would stop acting like the iPhone 4 is some broken piece of hardware. How many of you honestly are having troubles with dropped calls from the antenna and would have even noticed it if it weren't for the media.

Personally, I rarely use the phone for talking nowadays and the majority of the time is spent browsing or texting so I don't really care what Apple does or doesn't announce. I'm keeping the phone because it works perfectly for everything I want it to do.

5. gravytrain84 thread starter macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

Yeah the phone works great but except for the "phone" part....... Some of you people are so blinded by Job's balls in your mouth you dont even realize you're getting screwed. Even if you do not talk on the phone that much anymore, when the time comes that I NEED to use my phone for business or any other important phone call, I except the PHONE part of the iPHONE to work....

6. pbateman macrumors 6502

I already returned mine, only reason I'm interested in tomorrow's announcement is to see whether I will be re-purchasing it (eg. if they have hardware fix for it or recall)

7. SpaceKitty macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

It did for me!

8. gravytrain84 thread starter macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

Did you buy from apple? How quick do they refund $$ and how soon are you re eligible for upgrade?

9. phrint macrumors 6502

Why are you posting negative responses to everyone who is taking the time to respond to your thread? Don't you think there is something wrong with that? You should be warned by the mods here pretty soon.

Anyway, I would man up and buy a case for my iPhone 4 and move on. The antenna issues don't bother me at all nor does it cause problems for calls with me. Sounds like you need to return your phone, buy something else, and leave this forum.

10. BadMoon macrumors 6502

I rarely use the phone either to be honest. However, when I use it I would like it to work. With the bumper on I have dropped about 4 out of 10 calls. When I was with Verizon for the past X amount of years I never dropped a SINGLE call. That speaks volumes IMO. However, I have always wanted an iphone. So I'm torn. I have no problem waiting to see what they say though. :cool:

11. gravytrain84 thread starter macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

I already "manned" up and bought a case lol No problem fixed. I just dont understand why some people are in denial that there is an actual problem here... I am a huge apple fan and have been nothing but impressed with apple products but this phone has issues and they need to be fixed and not just covered up...

12. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

I wish people would stop posting things like this in a discussion about the antenna issue.

WE GET IT. YOU HAVE NO ANTENNA ISSUE. Others of us do, and we're discussing it. Stop reading these threads if you are tired of it. Move along.

13. pbateman macrumors 6502

Gravytrain...

I pre ordered from apple, shipped it back to them last friday (they sent me the fedex label with rma number). They got it Monday and i got the amount credited to my card yesterday. I called ATT yesterday and they rolled back the contract, canceled the $18 upgrade fee and Im back to being eligible for an upgrade...

14. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I'm keeping mine. Phone is 10x better than my previous 3G.

15. gravytrain84 thread starter macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

I honestly do not believe that some phones do not have signal issues, maybe these issues are not causing some people problems bc they live close enough to towers... As soon as these same people who claim to have no signal issues travel away from these towers, they will have the same issues. Its a design problem and all the phones thus far are designed the same.

16. takufu01 macrumors regular

Nothing

I believe it will be real interesting to see how many phones are actually exchanged should that offer come....I do believe there is a problem with a batch of the phones...however....I do believe that a large majority of the phones are working properly....I have traveled to 5 different states since purchasing my Iphone4....I have not had an issue with dropped calls...I have an IFrogz case on it.....I do agree that there are some bad phones....however...I also believe that the hype of the problem has caused some people to believe that they have a problem and they really don't....for those with problems I do agree there should be some option for them....but I don't think the problem is as wide spread as the media has made it out to be....should be very interesting tomorrow....

17. gravytrain84 thread starter macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

Thanks man, thats what I wanted to know... speaking of fedex, I need to get my butt up and send off my old IP4 before apple charges my card $600. :eek:

18. samcraig macrumors P6

I asked this on another thread. I'll ask you. Playing devil's advocate here..

If Apple states tomorrow that all phones (whether they have indicated yet or not when used) are inherently defective. They are recalling and new phones with a minor adjustment will be made.

You're saying you won't exchange? Is that right? Because I find it very hard to believe

19. gravytrain84 thread starter macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

Yeah I think it'll be interesting too.... I think allot of people are waiting to make their decisions until after hearing what Job's will have to say.

20. gravytrain84 thread starter macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

Great point, all of these people with NO ISSUES AT ALL would be the first ones in line for their updated IP4...

21. Loki666 macrumors member

I don't have a signal issue but this proximity sensor ****ing sucks. I don't know how many times i his digits, speaker phone or face time hike talking on thus ****ing thing...that's what I want fixed..or a new phone

22. samcraig macrumors P6

Well the double edged sword is - if they do, they are a bit of a hypocrite and if they don't - they're a bit silly for not making sure they have the latest (and greatest).

23. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Yes, I agree, but I'm really tired of having that discussion and trying to convince people who think their phone is not affected. My point is that I'd rather those people just stop posting "My phone doesn't have any problems so you're all wrong" in every freaking antenna post. I'd rather they just not read them and move along.

Those who are not experiencing the problem think there is no issue. Fine. Those of us who have seen it with our own eyes know for a fact that it is an issue, and we want to discuss it. Telling us there is no issue is not only pointless, it makes you look like an idiot.

24. gravytrain84 thread starter macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

That was my biggest problem as well... I was putting people on mute on damn near every phone call. I got my new phone in yesterday but havent made enough phone calls to determine whether it is fixed or not...

25. takufu01 macrumors regular

I disagree.....I think you will find people who make the decision that they can live with a minor issue....especially if the present phone they have is working ok for them....not everyone is rushing to exchange like you think....because if that was the case people would have or should have returned their phones for full refunds within the 14 period and said end of story....now...should Apple say the problem could or will get worse over time than of course you exchange...but don't believe that everyone is totally dissatisfied with their phones...there are folks who are actually pretty happy with their phones....