Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bbplayer5

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2007
iphone v2 in january if it lasts that long... how will they verify you own one? Through your serial number?

malenfant

macrumors member
Dec 31, 2006
Probably a new 160 GB iPod Classic, even though I do not need anywhere near that much space.

I expect the $100 iPhone credits will have an expiration date on them.

duky

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2007
North Carolina
Was planning on buying a MacBook this weekend. Now I'll have to wait a bit longer but still - that's what I'll use it for..

amemoryoncelost

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2004
I'm just hoping there isn't stupid rules/limitations on this. Like, $100 off if you spend $500 or more or you only have a couple of weeks. Very weak. I'm kind of put off by the price cut. I read the long thread on how we have no right to be upset about it, but eh, we all have our own opinions and I'm bummed on it, so whatever. This is nice, just hope it isn't another slap in the face when we have a min. purchase or who knows. It would be nice to just go into an apple store or go online and just spend the $100 how we please and that's the end of it.

Either way, I'm glad this has come about and makes me a little more positive about the situation in general..

UMHurricanes34

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2005
Atlanta, GA
I'm just hoping there isn't stupid rules/limitations on this. Like, $100 off if you spend $500 or more or you only have a couple of weeks. Very weak. I'm kind of put off by the price cut. I read the long thread on how we have no right to be upset about it, but eh, we all have our own opinions and I'm bummed on it, so whatever. This is nice, just hope it isn't another slap in the face when we have a min. purchase or who knows. It would be nice to just go into an apple store or go online and just spend the $100 how we please and that's the end of it.

Either way, I'm glad this has come about and makes me a little more positive about the situation in general..

It says for use towards any product...

rtdgoldfish

macrumors 6502a
Jul 4, 2004
Nashville, TN
Makes me $100 closer to the new iMac I've been saving up for. Hopefully the process of getting your coupon is quick. I know they are going to have to verify that you bought an iPhone but that should be as simple as entering your serial number and them verifying you activated it.

nfocus design

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2004
Texas
I think I will use mine to help buy AppleCare for my new iMac. That or maybe use it to buy a Christmas gift for someone.

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
My first thought is a second Airport Express to put out on the balcony of the studio I'll be moving into in a couple of months. I have one that will be hooked up to the stereo system, and I think that having some speakers outside (in an outdoor Rubbermaid type container) would be sweet.

If I change my mind from that, it will likely be towards an external hard drive, one of the new BT keyboards, or a new mouse. But the AE is in front by a long shot. :)

AHDuke99

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2002
Charleston, SC
well we could get a great ipod nano for $49! but i will probably get an 80GB ipod classic since the nano holds no more than my iphone.... or maybe something else.

nfocus design

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2004
Texas
I wonder if iTunes cards will be allowed to be purchased with the rebate. They usually don't let you buy gift cards. With my Aperture rebate, it was only good online. I bought a rerurbished shuffle, tripod and some ink cartridges.

Noeld

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2006
I wonder if iTunes cards will be allowed to be purchased with the rebate. They usually don't let you buy gift cards. With my Aperture rebate, it was only good online. I bought a rerurbished shuffle, tripod and some ink cartridges.

Of course iTunes credit will be allowed. And suddenly the sales numbers in iTunes goes through the roof. Just as they are negotiating with NBC/Universal for contract extensions. Nice move Apple.

iSee

macrumors 68040
Oct 25, 2004
Maybe a Mac Mini for a media center Mac...

Actually, probably Leopard...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.