Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Essenar

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2008
There are a lot, and I mean a lot, of amateur Mac technicians that pick up used MacBooks on Ebay because they horde together parts to make fully functional machines to resell or distribute themselves.

MacBooks go for a fair shake on Ebay.

I sold a MacBook with a busted logic board for $450 and the thing wouldn't even post or respond to SMC/PRAM reset. A MacBook Pro 2011 that actually boots but has bad keys will probably fetch $600-650.

I would say sell while you can still get this amount because when 2013 models come out, you'll get a lot less. The resale on broken MacBooks is actually considerably high compared to any other broken electronics but it devalues considerably when newer model broken MacBooks surface.

If you get $650, you could add another $200-250 to your budget and maybe pick up a refurbished 2012 Air or Pro or even a used 13" Pro.

clyde2801

macrumors 601
Make a video of you and friends destroying it with baseball bats (a la the copier on Office Space), and figure out a way to sell the video online to Mac haters.

Decent video camera and a good gangster rap track as background, and there you go.

Cha-CHING!:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.