What would you like to fix with next firmware update.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by themagicman00, Jul 8, 2010.

1. themagicman00 macrumors member

1. Proximity sensor
    2. Fix the antenna reception and hand position issue
    3. New youtube application for mobiles

2. Broph macrumors 6502

Broph

1) Could be hardware
    2) Could be hardware
    3) Already been done.

3. davehutch macrumors 6502a

davehutch

Selectable white balance
    Wider angle of view for videos and not zoomed in when you open the camera
    A way to close all apps at once in the multitasking area

4. nlr macrumors 6502

I would love to see those

5. -MRB macrumors 6502

While texting, and it suggests a word i might have meant, when i tap the cross, it brings up 'Select/Select All/ Paste'

This is annoying.

Also, when i tap 'Messages' to go back to other texts, it scrolls up to the top of the page >_<

& Yes i know if you tap the middle top of the screen it will do that. But not at the side by messages!

6. BudgetBaby macrumors member

Able to personalise the email sound. It's becoming a real issue for me now!!

7. JosephBergdoll macrumors 6502

8. Alonzo84 macrumors 6502a

Alonzo84

It only does this if you hold your finger there too long.

9. -MRB macrumors 6502

I said 'tap' didn't I. I don't hold my finger there in the slightest. And I am not pressing next to the word or anything.

10. JReinn macrumors member

I've had the very same problem myself since the upgrade to iOs 4, and I was thinking that my fingers got bigger or something.. It's not a big issue, but it is annoying

11. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68020

TroyBoy30

12. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

A fix for when pictures emailed they are not switched to landscape.... ughhhh....

13. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

14. nlr macrumors 6502

Will this be released within the 30 days? its taking a long time for just for recalculating the signal with the forumla they have been given.

15. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

I'd like to see the ability to switch from rear to front camera and vice versa while recording a video. Would make certain quick reports from the field so much more compelling. You can start out with the video of yourself talking about what you're seeing and then boom, switch to the rear camera and actually show it! Then a quick edit in iMovie and onto YouTube. Com'on, how cool would this be?

16. dave420 macrumors 65816

I'm glad I'm not the only one having that problem. I never had that issue before. Anyway the one thing I am looking for is more text message alert sounds.

17. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I'd like them to fix the issue I mentioned earlier-- when listening to a playlist that also contains video, if I happen to exit the video mid-song to, say, use the camera, when I go back into the iPod, it no longer goes straight back to the video I'd been watching 30 seconds earlier. It goes back to the screen listing everything in the playlist. There's not even a "Now Playing" button anymore to get back to where I was. All I can do is hit "shuffle" and start the playlist over again.

It may not be a major thing to everyone, but when you have looooong smart playlists (by artist) that contain both music and video and are prone to using the camera while out and about (or checking email, etc.), it's a pretty giant pain in the butt. My 3GS did this with no problem; I don't understand why that functionality has been removed.

ETA: Oh, and I'd like them to fix the issue with photos in the camera roll spontaneously rearranging themselves. Mine was fine since launch day and then a few days ago, I woke the phone from sleep and saw the "Updating Libraries" screen in Photos (I'd been looking at photos when I put the phone to sleep but hadn't added any or removed any or otherwise done anything that would cause it to think it needed to rebuild the libraries). When it was done with that, it had taken a chunk of probably 200 pics and moved them en masse back toward the top of the list, right in with stuff I'd shot on my 3GS a month or two after launch last summer. They were still in order within the chunk, and everything else was still in order around the chunk, but the whole chunk itself had been shoved into the list in the wrong spot. Resyncing, rebooting...nothing fixed the problem, and others are seeing the same thing. Annoying.

18. Bodhi395 macrumors 6502a

I want them to fix the "No SIM card" issue where randomly I will get that message and it won't recognize my SIM card until I restart my phone. I've heard others have gotten this, and it seems like just a bug in the software they should be able to fix.

19. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Bring back full-screen photos when using Google Sync. kthx.

20. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

AHHH someone else finally noticed the SMS scroll bug...and also if you attempt to delete the message app from the multitasking dock the phone will freeze....another bug I found is that for some reason the silent switch just stops working, restore fixed that though

21. bigchief macrumors 6502a

My 3gs has been doing this since the 4.0 update along with several other weird things.

22. -MRB macrumors 6502

Also, when on the Messages app, sometimes when I tap the top conversation, it'll go to compose a new message >_<

23. PG-Monkey macrumors regular

+1 on that.

Also the ability to change message tones would be helpful and the use of colours on e-mails on the unified inbox to represent which mailbox they have come from would be helpful as well.

Apart from that though mine is all good at the moment.

24. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

4. Fix all the bugs! I've noticed quite a bit, and I can't wait until they're fixed. As for the YouTube application, Apple should really just get rid of it. Google's new m.youtube.com looks far nicer/ offers more features than the stock one that comes with iOS. :apple:

25. themagicman00 thread starter macrumors member

I completely agree with getting rid of the youtube application that comes with the iphone. M.youtube is superior.