What? You haven't decided on the color yet?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by coolwater, Jun 18, 2009.

1. coolwater macrumors 6502a

coolwater

Yes, I am still deciding.

I am changing my mind at least once a day. ;)

2. funnyboy88 macrumors regular

Honestly, isn't it going to be sitting in a case anyway? I don't know if it really matters. I chose black. Something about the white seems cheesy to me, but I wouldn't mind if I had it.

3. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

superstrikertwo

Black.

A case? Heck no the iPhone looks to good to be hidden in some bulky case.

4. coolwater thread starter macrumors 6502a

coolwater

I will use my iPhone naked. Case is not my thing.

5. levpa05 macrumors member

case

I haven't decided if I am going to get a case. I purchased the White one this time, it looks sharp so I might not want to hide it. But then, I might just get a case I can easily slip it out and leave it in the case only for when in transit.

6. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

Is this what I think it is hahaha

7. haydn! macrumors 6502a

Color? That's the least of my worries!

I can't even decide which handset, or O2 plan to take yet and I have just 8 hours and 30 minutes left until the store opens!!

8. kailess macrumors member

I'm with you, funnyboy88; something about the white cases has always seemed cheesy to me. (No offense to white phone owners.) It reminds me of something that should be in the White Room with the Umpa Lumpa's in the original Willy Wonka.

[​IMG]

9. chrismac00 macrumors 6502a

I have the white iPhone3G and I was really starting to hate it. It is a very weird color. My sister has the black one and I really liked it so I ordered the 3GS in black. I'm sure I made the right decision.

10. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Everyone I know owns a black iPhone, or the 1st Gen, so me being me I decided to get the white. And it's one of my favorite colors, more so than black at least.

11. slapppy macrumors 65816

Holding out for the "Hello Kitty Special Edition" Complete with stickers and diamond thingies on it. :p

12. mikejd1 macrumors 6502

i just posted this in another thread, but i ordered the black 32 gig, watching the white unboxing videos, i now want the white! i kept going back and forth when i bought the 3G last year, and everytime i walked into an apple store and saw the white i said damn i wish i got the white, this was my chance, and i still got the black!!!

D'oh!

13. midget macrumors member

White = cheesy? No way, original iPod, iMacs, mighty mouse, top of the mac mini, white just yells I'M AN APPLE PRODUCT and I'm here for the Apple loyals, and black yells, I'm here for everyone else to buy just to have an iPhone.

14. coolwater thread starter macrumors 6502a

coolwater

You're so funny. And, you are making me more difficult to choose as well! :D

15. ryvetted macrumors member

Does anyone know if the 3Gs White will have those hairline cracks like the 3G did?

16. gwfattwkr macrumors member

color? this case is clear and 1.4 mm

I like my iphone in the buff too until I saw this case

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYlc6y0v6Rg

17. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

18. LoganT macrumors 68020

I don't know why everyone always thinks you need a case or a screen protector for the iPhone. I've never put my iPhone 3G and it only has some tiny scratches that you really have to look for. Why not enjoy the phone the way it was designed and if it gets so many scratches that it's unbearable then put the case on to cover them up.

19. Jeremy08 macrumors regular

Number one question on my mind...this is how i look at it....if it is fixed, GREAT! If not....its always a free ticket to get a new phone whenever you feel like it, once the cracks show up, being as its a defect, just like the white CrackBooks.

20. ryvetted macrumors member

So I can get more money when I sell it, for a better phone in 18 months.

21. S14-Racer macrumors newbie

That's good for you... Keep in mind not everyone is like you, and some of us are hard on gear. I have never had a phone in a case until my 1st Gen Iphone, and every single one of them has met a lovely death! I punched the screen out of my first one, dropped the second on the ground rendering it slower then walking to a pay phone to make a call, then ran it over in my car on purpose. I accidentally had the car door shut on a phone and it snapped clean in half. I have had 2+ phones die to cracked screens from normal use and drops, one of which I also dropped a cigarette cherry into my shirt pocket while at work and burned a hole into it, after the cracked screen that is. That one was a trip. I rocked a cracked unreadable screen on a smartphone with pass key lock for 8 months! I shattered a blackjack 1 into too many pieces. I treat my phones like consumable commodities, like they are.

I have had my Iphone in a case from the day I received it, and up until a few days ago, only had minor back scratches from the slider style case. I was lifting a keg for my sister with the phone in my pocket naked, and I managed to press a minor dent into the back on Monday. I take them to junk yards, work on my cars with them in my pocket, hell I don't even worry about them in my pocket when it rains. It's just a phone, and due to the case it is the second longest lasting phone I have had, and the only one to sustain no real damage in 10+ years of damaged phones.

I grabbed a white 32g and I am putting it in a Reveal case when it arrives tomorrow. What the hell I'll try the penguin look (I am partial to two-tones anyway).

Oh and the black ones crack just as much, you just cant see it as clearly as the dirt that gets in the crack doesn't make the crack any darker on a black phone. Go look at all the 3g display phones closely at an Apple store. I looked at 8+ and they were all cracked, both white and black.

22. klb028 macrumors 6502

same. I thought I had finally made up my mind, and then I watched 2 iPhone 3GS unboxing videos -- they were both white and looked really nice!

23. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

Black all the way for me

White is for women, imo

24. rburly macrumors 6502a

rburly