Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Johnny Steps

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
I signed up for AT&T service by myself yesterday (Feb 15) and it says that my new Billing Cycle will begin February 18, 2012. What does that mean? Do I have to pay that day? I thought it was at the start of every month?

Thanks for the help.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
It means that your plan renews every 18th day of the month.
For example, you know how you have a certain data limit each month? Well it resets back to 0 on the 18th of each month.

Your payment isn't necessarily due by then. If you log into myatt, it will tell you when it's due. For example, my billing cycle is on the 22nd, but my payment is due on the 16th (the next month after my cycle expired)

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
I signed up for AT&T service by myself yesterday (Feb 15) and it says that my new Billing Cycle will begin February 18, 2012. What does that mean? Do I have to pay that day? I thought it was at the start of every month?

Thanks for the help.

Its not the same dates for everyone.
If you started on feb 15 then till the 18 you will be prorated for 3 days.
Then you will start your 1 month billing cycle from Feb 18th and on.
And the start of your billing cycle doesnt mean you have to pay it that day, its just when your usage resets.
You never had a cellphone plan before?

Johnny Steps

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
Its not the same dates for everyone.
If you started on feb 15 then till the 18 you will be prorated for 3 days.
Then you will start your 1 month billing cycle from Feb 18th and on.
And the start of your billing cycle doesnt mean you have to pay it that day, its just when your usage resets.
You never had a cellphone plan before?

Oh okay. I like that day I guess. And no, I'm 19 and I just left my father's Sprint family plan (hopefully the reason is obvious enough lol) so I'm all by myself ready to pay for my own phone!

Johnny Steps

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
Very nice, having some independance:)

My parents actually feel different. They told me I shouldn't have left just because of speeds. And I know they're right and could've saved those extra 89.99+tax for school, but I just got so annoyed with the horrible service on my other iPhone 4S. I just gave it to my mom and she gave me the money to buy the same iPhone 4S for AT&T.

AT&T is fast here... faster than Sprint's 4G lol.

Johnny Steps

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
Yes, Sprints or any CDMA 3G will never be close to GSM 3G speeds.
And with HSPA+ you can bet it makes a big difference.

Ah I haven't taken advantage of HSPA+. I know there's some in Austin but either way I'm getting 2mb down, and 1mb up most of the time on normal 3G.

I just hope they're not giving me good speeds for the 30 day trial period then slap me away lol.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Ah I haven't taken advantage of HSPA+. I know there's some in Austin but either way I'm getting 2mb down, and 1mb up most of the time on normal 3G.

I just hope they're not giving me good speeds for the 30 day trial period then slap me away lol.

Lol:D
I dont think they do that.
But yes if you're in an area that's HSPA+ enabled and has the backhaul there to back it you will see decent speeds like this below.

Attachments

• IMG_0265.PNG
    IMG_0265.PNG
    427 KB · Views: 220

Johnny Steps

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
Lol:D
I dont think they do that.
But yes if you're in an area that's HSPA+ enabled and has the backhaul there to back it you will see decent speeds like this below.

I see, I see. Well hopefully I'll get to be able to use that sometime soon.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
For example:

My billing cycle starts on the 4th of every month. My bill is always due on the 23rd.

Welcome to the world of independence, at least from a phone standpoint :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.