What's coming out on Wednesday on Steam?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by erkanasu, May 17, 2010.

1. erkanasu macrumors 6502

I think I remember something somewhere saying Steam will be releasing a new game for Mac every Wednesday. If true, anyone know what's coming out in two days?

2. Freakdahouse macrumors newbie

3. palebluedot macrumors 6502a

palebluedot

I was kind of wondering if they released Portal first b/c it's a single player game and they figured people wouldn't care/notice the bugs as much as TF2. Gives them time to see how Portal runs and tweak TF2 some before putting it out. I'd expect to see TF2 before L4D2 since L4D2 is a little more resource intensive.

It's time for Apple to step up its game and get to work on modernizing its graphics drivers. You to Open GL consortium! Quit lagging behind DX :cool:

4. rbarris macrumors 6502

OpenGL 3.3 and 4.0 specifications are out and cover current generations of hardware very well. AMD and NV are shipping drivers based on these specs on Windows already.

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I'd expect TF2 and both L4D games to be released on the same day. They said they want to highlight the new tech weekly, first off was Steamplay and I'd imagine the next will be cross-OS multiplayer games. And for another week we'd see the HL series brought over showing off... um... how awesome Half Life is?

TF2 is what I'm waiting for.

6. Macintosh Sauce macrumors 6502

Macintosh Sauce

I've been beta testing Team Fortress 2 on Steam for Mac and it fantastic IMO. Personally, I am looking forward to testing Counterstrike: Source and Day of Defeat: Source.

7. maxthemonkey macrumors newbie

Please say it's TF2 - then i'm a step closer to removing the hated Windows 7 from My Mac

Portal - DONE
    TF2 - ?!
    MW2 - someday

8. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

That I doubt unless Aspyr do a port like they did for COD4.

(Speaking of which, COD4 would be nice...)

9. richprice79 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (iPhone : Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Do they typically say what's coming out ahead of time?

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Alas no.

11. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

And if they do issue a release date, it is rarely met.

I have a heavy feeling that we won't be seeing a new game until friday, at about 11:30pm.

12. Padraic macrumors regular

I'm hoping the source games (HL2, CS:S etc) come out this Wed. I haven't bought TF2 yet (although it's tempting)... :D

13. apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

Haha, I was just thinking the exact same thing reading this thread. Got CS, HL and L4D. Never bothered with TF2

On a side note I finished Portal yesterday and have to say the end credits are amongst the best ever! Very clever Valve.

14. Cabbit macrumors 68020

Cabbit

Half Life 1 or 2 would be smashing i am looking to get my teeth into a good story focused game again.

My first play though of HL 2 was at terrible settings and not terrifically enjoyable.

15. mixel macrumors 65816

mixel

I'm hoping for TF2 too.. Maybe (though its not Valve) Killing Floor will reappear on the games list again too, it seems to be in a similar beta state as TF2.

Wantwantwant.. Just a L4D-fest would make me happy though. Valve are lucky to have a lineup that consists entirely of excellent games. Really doesn't matter what they release it'll be the best osX game since.. Err.. Portal? :eek:

16. maxthemonkey macrumors newbie

It's well worth it, and with SteamPlay as well, there's no reason not to - I got the whole orange box for £17, when the disc costs like £30!

17. Richy23 macrumors 6502

Any more rumours guys? I'm quite excited! :p Anyone know if CS:S will be out definitely at some point?

Thanks

18. rolfbert macrumors member

Certainly yes, I already downloaded CSS, however i cannot play it yet as it isn't officially released yet.

19. C. Alan macrumors 6502

I think alot of us ex-PC types have HL2 laying around, and are hoping to get to play it again. I would expect to see HL2 before TF2 due to the multiplayer dimension (or lack there of) in HL2.
    --C. Alan

20. Richy23 macrumors 6502

Cool - any idea when that might be? :)

21. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

I'd like to see Plants vs Zombies released for Mac if I'm honest.

22. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Well it's Wednesday in 50 minutes, if the next wave of games aren't released by then I'm going to bitch so hard on all the forums I can :mad: and close my Steam account!!

23. Richy23 macrumors 6502

Well it is for us Brits...but won't they upload the new releases during American daytime?..

24. apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

Well as Gabe Newell is French company and they hate us Brits I doubt we will see the new games till 8PM again haha :D:D

At least I think he's French??

25. One Love 1867 macrumors regular

Was "Guns of Icarus" available for Mac last week..?

It is now. Are they updating?