Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xavier

macrumors demi-god
Mar 23, 2006
Columbus
Had to rush my dinner because of classes. I had a piece of pizza, but I couldnt really taste it because I ate it so fast.

dmr727

macrumors G4
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
Just took the wife to a local steakhouse up in the canyon. I've been eating there for 22 years now. Mmmmm!

And I eat my steak medium rare, like God intended. ;)

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Just took the wife to a local steakhouse up in the canyon. I've been eating there for 22 years now. Mmmmm!

And I eat my steak medium rare, like God intended. ;)

Ha. Well, I don't know what god you're talking about, but mine demands I eat it at medium to medium well. I don't intend to disobey, so that's how I take my steak.

CorvusCamenarum

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2004
Birmingham, AL
Pork roast stew (cut up pork loin, red potatoes, carrots, parsnips, celery and onion) and a yorkshire pudding. The yorkie collapsed a little though but I'm chalking that up to not having access to proper English ingredients.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Thanks. Not often people will complement me for a thread I make. Look at some of my past threads (especially the one that got locked) and you might see why.

Tonight, I had spaghetti. Bleh. Though the garlic bread was good.

I have looked at some of your past threads, don't worry. Your name looms large in lights is in the Macrumours Hall of Fame (or Infamy, whichever). However, this thread still makes my mouth water, and my congratulations stand. Indeed, in some ways, it is a form of exquisite torture. Just now, a proper pizza would press my buttons, with tossed greens and a glass of rich, red, Valpolicello.

Actually, it's got to the situation where some of our crowd here are fantasising about McDonalds, which is deeply, profoundly, depressing.

Cheers and good luck

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
I have looked at some of your past threads, don't worry. Your name looms large in lights is in the Macrumours Hall of Fame (or Infamy, whichever). However, this thread still makes my mouth water, and my congratulations stand. Indeed, in some ways, it is a form of exquisite torture. Just now, a proper pizza would press my buttons, with tossed greens and a glass of rich, red, Valpolicello.

Actually, it's got to the situation where some of our crowd here are fantasising about McDonalds, which is deeply, profoundly, depressing.

Cheers and good luck

Have I actually achieved infamy? I'm so flattered. Really. Funny you mentioning that a good pizza would be fine; I just made pizza today in my cooking class that was pretty good, considering it's a high school cooking class and it was all homemade (even the dough).

Anyway, tonight I have spaghetti yet again. On the bright side, I also yet again have really good garlic bread, so it's all good.

crazycat

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2005
I had spaghetti with chicken balls and extra extra parmesan cheese. Chicken balls instead of meatballs dont get me wrong now.

Gray-Wolf

macrumors 68030
Apr 19, 2008
Pandora, Home Tree
Spinach pizza tonight, with mushrooms and added red onion and turkey pepperoni. I might could have left off the pepperoni. :D

Edit - The smilies in the box to the right don't seem to be working tonight.

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Not really food related, but my post count is equal to my number of posts divided by 100. Today and today only. Pretty cool.

EDIT: Damn, never mind. It stopped working. Oh well, it was cool while it lasted.

phas3

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2008
white rice, butter, garlic & green beans

ju7kzr.jpg

Sauteed mushrooms, onions and butter

2d0yxp3.jpg

Baked Salmon in lemon juice, parsley, white wine, onions and ground pepper

15obiwx.jpg

this is the first time i've cooked salmon, but anyway do you guys think it would taste alot better if i use melted butter instead of the white wine?

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Philadelphia, PA

http://i33.tinypic.com/ju7kzr.jpg

http://i38.tinypic.com/2d0yxp3.jpg

http://i33.tinypic.com/15obiwx.jpg

this is the first time i've cooked salmon, but anyway do you guys think it would taste alot better if i use melted butter instead of the white wine?

I don't know, but that looks absolutely delicious (and I don't even like green beans).

phas3

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2008
thanks you, im proud of it hahaha, I have to keep learning how to cook cause sexy lady is coming to town

TheAnswer

macrumors 68030
Jan 25, 2002
Orange County, CA

Definitely butter and big +1 on the looks great and I don't like green beans.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007

That looks delish. I'm not one for mushrooms much, but I have to admit that whole setup looks pretty dang tasty.. kudos my man. I'm hungry now..

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Lunch today was cold meats, (salami/sausage), fairly bland cheese, fresh bread, and bottled water all consumed off the bonnet of a Mercedes armoured four wheel drive, while we stood in the pouring rain sandwiched near a number of checkpoints, both Russian and Georgian, which had sensibly taken cover from the inclement conditions.
Cheers

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 13, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
Just had roast beef with mashed potatoes. Not too good; no one in my family seems capable of cooking good roast beef. Oh well, it's filling and I don't notice now.

juanster

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2007
toronto
cheese ravioli with bolognese(?) sauce,, it was so yummy... oh an dijust put pesto on top of it,, but that's just me i like to mix all my foods

Gray-Wolf

macrumors 68030
Apr 19, 2008
Pandora, Home Tree
Just made tuna croquets with red onions and made sandwiches out of them. For desert, Key Lime Cheese cake. The best! :D

Can of Tuna
1 egg beaten
2 tbsp water
dash of salt and pepper
1/2 tsp of sugar
2 tbsp flour
1 1/4 cups diced red onions

Mix together, and fry in 1/8 inch veggy oil till done, then after cool, insert into sandwich bread and enjoy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.