what's going to happen to our batteries?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by morphalex, Jun 8, 2009.

1. morphalex macrumors member

So now that all macbooks 13,15,17s have nonuser replaceable batteries, what's going to happen to the 13inch and 15inch batteries that we can purchase prior to this update? Should I be worried about apple discontinuing the replacement batteries for purchase?

2. heatmiser macrumors 68020

Batteries will continue to be available (albeit at exorbitant prices) long after the laptops aren't. Exhibit A & B: iBook and Powerbook batteries at the Apple Store.

3. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

No. And [many years down the line] there will be 3rd party replacements.

4. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

So...you mean like the millions of macbooks out there in the world at the moment will never be able to buy a replacement battery anymore?

5. NewMacbookPlz macrumors 68040

NewMacbookPlz

You can still buy an Apple iBook battery direct from Apple, our batteries won't be going anywhere anytime soon...

6. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

Kinda like selling parts for cars that havent been made for 20 years or more. (I know not a perfect analogy)
    But,
    Parts seem to stick around A LOT longer than the actual product they are for. They almost have to.

7. egk69 macrumors 6502

I heard Apple will throw away all their old models batteries by Wednesday so you better hurry up and buy 1 or 2 tomorow before its too late...

j/k

8. morphalex thread starter macrumors member

sounds good thanks guys, don't know what i was thinking when I asked that question..lol now i feel stupid

9. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

You were concerned!
    No reason to feel dumb!
    When questions like that are asked some people just take the chance to joke around and get away from the seriousness that this forum usually has.
    No one was making fun of you or anything.

NOW CHANGE YOUR SIGNATURE!!!