Whats going to suck about Face Time!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by drober30, Jun 14, 2010.

1. drober30 macrumors 6502a

A bunch of jerk offs holding their phone in front of their face carrying out their conversation out loud in public!

Just like the inconsiderate Nextel people use to use speaker phone on their Direct Connect like they were the only one in the restaurant or in line!:mad:

2. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

How is making a FaceTime call in public any different than making a regular phone call? Are you expecting people to speak louder or something? :confused:

3. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

Agree'd, the OP's complaint seem null. It's a phone call, just not the standard way we're used to seeing. Pretty silly complaint. no?

4. Fonzijr1964 macrumors 68000

Fonzijr1964

5. mbaran macrumors regular

just think of all of the ridiculous facial expressions everywhere.

6. appleguy123 macrumors 604

appleguy123

You mean like those people making regular phone calls? HOw inconsiderate!

7. troop231 macrumors 603

I'll tell you what's the most annoying: people who text/check their phones in movie theaters. Pisses me off to the extreme, it distracts everyone because of the screen.

8. JohnnyQuest macrumors 65816

JohnnyQuest

Not when you wear the headset. No one is going to be walking around making a FaceTime call on speaker.

9. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

Another thing is that because of the natural way you're going to hold the phone you're going to see a lot of up nostril scenes. Make sure to trim your nose because people are going to see the same thing from you. :rolleyes:

10. Higgs1 macrumors 6502

Higgs1

exactly, just like all those @-holes on nextels, loud as F#CK all the time, god damn man there is a mode where its NOT speaker phone

and yea i'm sure you can use a headset with face time, and i'm hoping it won't turn into direct connect - eque, but we will see!

11. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

LOL obviously the guy below planned to, hahahahah, I guess that makes him one of the OP's aholes?? hahaha

12. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

Oh God. This is the worst. Especially the dip***** who sit in the front rows, gotta check their text messages every 10 minutes during the movie... sometimes I wish I had a laser pointer so I could give them mild retina damage.

13. troop231 macrumors 603

Lol +1. I've got a portable Laser burner though :cool: That might be a bit too mean.

14. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

It's fine, who really is around long enough in one place in public to connect to a WiFi hotspot. Also the amount of people that person knows with an iPhone 4 would be pretty small. And the chances that they are also connected to a WiFi network and want to take the call would be pretty small.

Facetime is a gimmick, video calling has been around for years in Europe. There is no need for video in a call. Sorry to be trolling but until this platform becomes way more open and widely used it's just a gimmick.

15. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Thank goodness that these jerk offs, as you call them, can only do this at wifi hot spots.

16. hryan4740 macrumors regular

hryan4740

Oh crap. I hate that *beep beep* noise. My husband has one of those phones and the television/radio constantly make me think it's going off.

I am, upon occasion, one of those people. The difference is I'm checking RunPee to see if it's a good time to get up to go to the ladies room. I always try to hide the light as much as possible to the point that I try to check inside my handbag. I don't like those people so much either.

17. WishIWasHere macrumors regular

People will absolutely walk around having a FaceTime call on speakerphone. I'm not saying it will be rampant, but it will happen, and it will be annoying. Oh well, times change.

18. troop231 macrumors 603

Fail. You cause alot of people to be annoyed and ticked off. Just go without checking with an app :rolleyes:

19. drober30 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes... over speaker phone, hearing both conversations!

20. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

But how is it any different from some loud mouth on the phone now with no video calling?

21. drober30 thread starter macrumors 6502a

LOL!

22. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

And then you laugh at them when they walk into something.

23. iphone1105 macrumors 68020

iphone1105

Actaully there's no NEED for YOU! Is the key word. I know for one I'd much rather see my nephews on a daily basis then just hear them. I imagine it's the same for people who have kids of their own....

Also its a GIMMICK to YOU! Not to me, I see it serving multiple purposes in my life, my wife is gone two months of the year filming, I can imagin it wont be so crappy and have to take my macbook with me to have an ichat.

Also, has video calling on any phone been as good, or appealing at least as Apple's, I dont think so. So I kno you're trolling, but your opinions, nor mine are fact. So just remember dont state your opinions as fact, 'cuz they're not. And you spoke as if what you said was gospel bro, it ain't

24. hryan4740 macrumors regular

hryan4740

I think I have done this maybe twice for maybe 10 seconds per time. Their inability to pay attention to the movie is not my fault.

25. Olivia23 macrumors 6502a

Olivia23

People will not be walking around using FaceTime everywhere because it only works on wifi. I don't know of any movie theaters I go to having wifi, nor does the local mall, supermarket etc. so all the jerks you are talking about will only be around wifi spots.