Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

millerj123

macrumors 68030
Mar 6, 2008
Been watching a lot of Psych recently ;)

My wife and I are somewhere in season 4. I thought the formula was getting a little bit tired, but the last few episodes have been branching out into new areas. I don't know why I'm okay with the cops on Psych being incompetent, but not the cops on Castle.

Drew017

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
My wife and I are somewhere in season 4. I thought the formula was getting a little bit tired, but the last few episodes have been branching out into new areas. I don't know why I'm okay with the cops on Psych being incompetent, but not the cops on Castle.

Yeah I like the way season six is going so far. :D

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Getting excited about Game of Thrones, for April. I read the second book before seeing the second season. I was disappointed in how much stuff was chopped to fit it into one season. Now I'm going to try it in reverse.

Favorite character:
030813-mgot-smallest-detail-450.jpg

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
The Americans and I love it!

I just discovered that FX has the early part of this season available On Demand through my cable provider. While I'm not as hooked as I am with Homeland, this is still very interesting, especially set in the 80s when the cold war was still going. I'm trying to catch up before next Wed's episode. :)

If not familiar- cold war, embedded USSR spies living in the U.S. married with kids who have no clue. They are bad people. How unfair (to the kids) is that? :p

MV5BMjIzNTEzMDY3OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzI5NDI5OA@@._V1_SX214_.jpg

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Anyone watching The Following? Great show. It's more like watching a movie than a TV show.

AlyseM

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2012
I just discovered that FX has the early part of this season available On Demand through my cable provider. While I'm not as hooked as I am with Homeland, this is still very interesting, especially set in the 80s when the cold war was still going. I'm trying to catch up before next Wed's episode. :)

If not familiar- cold war, embedded USSR spies living in the U.S. married with kids who have no clue. They are bad people. How unfair (to the kids) is that? :p

I've grown to love them. Even as spies I hope they succeed, but I expect they won't... lol

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I've grown to love them. Even as spies I hope they succeed, but I expect they won't... lol

Actually I hope they are thrown in jail to rot, lol. :D I pray for the day that they, one of them, walks up to a victim posing as a Federal agents, flash their badge, but the victim calls BS, pulls out a gun, tells them to freeze and when they take one step forward shoots them, not fatally, so they can do their time. Not likely, but I can always hope. It's infuriating how easy they get the suckers to spill the beans. :p

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Well, I'm looking forward to the Eighth Series of one of my favourite ever TV programmes, namely, the wonderful 'Foyle's War'.

The first episode of Series 8 is due to be broadcast on this coming Sunday, (March 24) and I shall be in attendance, armed with a bottle of something exceedingly quaffable.......

AlyseM

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2012
Actually I hope they are thrown in jail to rot, lol. :D I pray for the day that they, one of them, walks up to a victim posing as a Federal agents, flash their badge, but the victim calls BS, pulls out a gun, tells them to freeze and when they take one step forward shoots them, not fatally, so they can do their time. Not likely, but I can always hope. It's infuriating how easy they get the suckers to spill the beans. :p

If they do get caught I'll wager its by that neighbor that works for the FBI.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Well, I'm looking forward to the Eighth Series of one of my favourite ever TV programmes, namely, the wonderful 'Foyle's War'.

The first episode of Series 8 is due to be broadcast on this coming Sunday, (March 24) and I shall be in attendance, armed with a bottle of something exceedingly quaffable.......

Sounds like something that would lend itself to Masterpiece theater here in the States...

The Americans Spoiler​

If they do get caught I'll wager its by that neighbor that works for the FBI.

I was quite happy when the husband got a black bag thrown over his head. Yeah I figured it was the KGB from the start, cause if it was a U.S. entity, then their covers were blown and the show is over...I think. ;)

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I think The Following is the best new show of the spring season so far. Watching last night's episode the genius behind the design of the show finally dawned on me in terms of how they can use it for logevity and to attract big name guest stars. I know it's been renewed for a second season, so we'll have to see how long it can go. I'm really enjoying the story and the characters so far. :)

Of course the current seasons of Shameless, House of Lies, and Californication are top notch as always. Looking forward to Game of Thrones and The Borgias which are both starting soon. I need to go back and watch season 2 of Boss and see if it was as good as season 1.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
I think The Following is the best new show of the spring season so far. Watching last night's episode the genius behind the design of the show finally dawned on me in terms of how they can use it for logevity and to attract big name guest stars. I know it's been renewed for a second season, so we'll have to see how long it can go. I'm really enjoying the story and the characters so far. :)

Of course the current seasons of Shameless, House of Lies, and Californication are top notch as always. Looking forward to Game of Thrones and The Borgias which are both starting soon. I need to go back and watch season 2 of Boss and see if it was as good as season 1.

I also love most Showtime series with Shameless being my favorite, although I haven't started this season's Californication yet. I didn't care for Boss.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains

My impression is that The Following is dark, very dark. Although I love Dexter, I've hesitated jumping into other dark shows, such as American Horror Story which I sampled and decided I did not need that every week. ;)

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
We recently started watching Broadwalk Empire (first season), quite entertaining...no idea if it's still aired in the US though.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Sounds like something that would lend itself to Masterpiece theater here in the States...

I believe that it will be broadcast on Masterpiece (PBS) this coming September.

It is a superb series, meticulous in its history (most of the episodes are based on true stories), with the usual outstanding script, attention to detail and exquisitely portrayed (understated) character development that you find in the best of the British dramas. Great cast, too, especially Michael Kitchen (as the eponymous Foyle), and Honeysuckle Weeks, who plays his driver.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
We recently started watching Broadwalk Empire (first season), quite entertaining...no idea if it's still aired in the US though.

I believe it's still going.

I believe that it will be broadcast on Masterpiece (PBS) this coming September.

It is a superb series, meticulous in its history (most of the episodes are based on true stories), with the usual outstanding script, attention to detail and exquisitely portrayed (understated) character development that you find in the best of the British dramas. Great cast, too, especially Michael Kitchen (as the eponymous Foyle), and Honeysuckle Weeks, who plays his driver.

Got it on my watch list. :)

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I haven't started this season's Californication yet. I didn't care for Boss.

This season of Californication is really funny. The whole rock star stereotype and ensuing drama is hilarious. I'm curious, have you watched both seasons of Boss and didn't like any of it or was there something different about season 2 that you didn't like? I've only seen season 1 and thought it was pretty good. It was quite an intense show.

My impression is that The Following is dark, very dark. Although I love Dexter, I've hesitated jumping into other dark shows, such as American Horror Story which I sampled and decided I did not need that every week. ;)

The following is dark, but I wouldn't say too dark and if you can handle Dexter than you can handle it. American Horror story on the other hand.... While I did not watch the original season, season 2 was quite dark and creepy, but I enjoyed it none the less. Hey, I'm a therapist, the darkness of human nature is quite interesting to me. ;)

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
This season of Californication is really funny. The whole rock star stereotype and ensuing drama is hilarious. I'm curious, have you watched both seasons of Boss and didn't like any of it or was there something different about season 2 that you didn't like? I've only seen season 1 and thought it was pretty good. It was quite an intense show.

Think I'll start Californication tonight.

Just couldn't get into The Boss. Watched 3 or 4 eps and it just didn't do it for me.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Watched 'Project Nim' on BBC tonight. Extraordinary, thought-provoking and, in some ways, a rather disturbing documentary. Extremely well made and very, very interesting.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Haswell
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
And also, have just watched the first episode (of three) of series Eight of one of my all time favourite shows, 'Foyle's War'. Great show, superb acting, scripts, and fascinating plots, closely researched and invariably based on little known (but true) stories from the time.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
I believe it's still running.

About Broadwalk Empire: You've seen it? I just finished the first season and although it did keep its distance (read: didn't completely sucked me into it, unlike most of the series I've watched) I really liked it. Some shortcomings in some sub-plots, but still. Think I'll get the second season, too. Can you recommend it?

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
About Broadwalk Empire: You've seen it? I just finished the first season and although it did keep its distance (read: didn't completely sucked me into it, unlike most of the series I've watched) I really liked it. Some shortcomings in some sub-plots, but still. Think I'll get the second season, too. Can you recommend it?

No not really. We watched it for about the first two seasons but it did not grab me. But I would not try to dissuade you either. Some personal preferences and dislikes involved. :)

Other shows I like: Dexter, Homeland, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Sopranos, Deadwood, Rome, and Downton Abbey.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.