what's on your Black Friday wish list?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by toliy253, Nov 13, 2014.

1. toliy253 macrumors member

If possible, please provide the item(s), price and location of possible purchase. Thanks

Tips and advice regarding Black Friday shopping is also appreciated. What to buy, what not to, etc...

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

My Black Friday wish is that people stop with this ****ing ridiculous practice of waiting on line and trampling people to get into stores to save a few bucks on items that have severely limited quantities. Americans are such sheep.

3. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

So, I guess we shouldn't expect to see you out there. :roll eyes:

I'd like to see some GoPro stuff on sale.

4. sim667 macrumors 65816

In the UK we only get it on amazon, and the savings are rubbish....

We're not quite such a consumeriest society though, getting that way.

5. malman89 macrumors 68000

+1

Thanksgiving is the greatest holiday, period. Family, food, and football? I really don't know what else you could want. Plus the day before is the biggest bar day of the year, if that's your thing. The last thing I want to do is rush out after dinner to go freeze waiting in line for some discounted consumer goods.

6. adk macrumors 68000

adk

Well you're in luck then, because all of those sheep now stampede on Thanksgiving day!

7. yukyuklee macrumors 6502

yukyuklee

Family, Food, Foot ball i can agree! But I wish the Pats were playing on Thanks giving.... If anything I will see what Cyber Monday has in store but I really don't have anything that I want to buy yet

8. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    Will never, ever venture into a store over Thanksgiving Day or the weekend. I have an aversion to crowds.

But I will be looking online for a handheld Garmin GPS.

9. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

And those businesses suck more. i won't shop where they force their employees to work on Thanksgiving.

10. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

Same. You couldn’t pay me to go into town on Black Friday (and especially on Thanksgiving ...).

We’re going to have an amazing meal on Thursday, drink some good wine, have the folks over, watch parades, and on Friday we’re doing to _chill_ and do as little as possible (other than pound down some leftovers including some epic turkey sandwiches).

Now, on Friday, I might hit up Amazon and one or two other online retailers just to see what kind of good deals are easily available, but I even then I won’t stress over any kind of e-stampede on items with limited availability.

11. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

+1 for all those that said they wouldn't be shopping. I did it ONCE, in 99 or 2000, never again. Not to mention, I DESPISE those places opening on Thanksgiving, especially those opening 5:00 PM or earlier. Let those workers be with their families, I don't care what their wage is or what they should "expect" as someone that makes that wage, the holidays are about spending time with family. Hell, even the SUPERMARKETS express morals on this day and close early, even on a day where people might need to grab "one more ingredient"...

12. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I might try to see if they have any good all in one printer/scanner/fax deals. The one I currently own has become a freaking headache. Staples is a block from me, and Black Friday lines are always short at Staples. Other than that, I don't really want or need for anything this Black Friday.

I only do Staples, Radio Shack, or Home Depot on Black Friday. Any other place is too much for me to deal with.

I already shopped for others a month ago. :D

13. Msail30bay macrumors regular

Msail30bay

....... Am, let me see........... how about nothing! What is the point of buying more useless crap to add to the already useless crap you have...... that thing that you MIGHT use or be useful someday and that one day came and went twenty times over. No, the money is going into my savings.

14. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

I usually out and about in all the chaos, but I've been increasingly doing more and more of it online, especially the electronic shopping.

I only have one target this year and it's a new TV. My BRAVIA is getting long in the tooth and I want a curved TV :cool:

Sears has a 65inch Samsung 4k curved TV for $1,999 that I want.

The only other thing I'm interested in would be a new computer monitor. I saw this new Samsung curved 1080p 27inch monitor on Amazon for $429. If it drops in price, I'll pick that up to.

Other than that, at midnight, I usually head to the local outlets to get Fall/Winter clothes at Ralph Lauren/J Crew, etc.

The only stores I avoid like the plague are Target and Walmart. Screw that.

This year seems to be a light shopping year. I saw this new Sandisk flash drive with the built in lightening connector, but I doubt that will be any cheaper than usual.

15. furbzv1 macrumors 6502a

furbzv1

don't really need anything new but if the ps4 goes below $350 i might just get it

16. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I'll be on a beach in Cancun on Black Friday, so my wishlist is more cervezas and margaritas.

17. D.T. macrumors 603

D.T.

^ Winner :D :cool:

18. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Don't they have the equivalent of Black Friday on line now?

19. psbliss macrumors newbie

I think the problem with Black Friday sales are the extremely limited quantities of items on sale. For the biggest sale day of the year, why wouldn't the merchants ramp up on stock and make it available for more people? More buyers = more sales = more profit. It's as if retailers enjoy seeing the chaotic stampeding during this time of year.

20. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Limited quantity of items of sale is essentially just a way to advertise and entice customers. Black Friday is a day of American tradition that retailers know the average consumer will be more lenient about their personal budget restrictions. If they were to have large quantity of major sale items, many consumers wouldn't feel the urgency to shop that specific day. And retailers don't want that, cause consumers would be less lenient about their personal budget any other day.

21. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

That's the whole point. Retailers don't make much profit off the doorbuster deals, they might even be taking a loss. They advertise these deals to get you in the store, hoping that even though they've run out of the doorbuster you wanted, you'll still buy all the regularly priced items that aren't on sale that they make money on. It's a bait-and-switch, but the suckers lining up for days in the cold are too stupid to realize it.

22. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

23. AppleUser13 macrumors newbie

AppleUser13

Black Friday is on Friday not Thursday at 6:00pm like the news said.

24. samiwas macrumors 65816

I think I will spend my Black Friday making fun of the friends I have who go out for Black Friday.

Now, is it just me, or have there not been many ads for it this year. I've been watching a lot less live TV recently due to being so busy, but I've seen no Black Friday and no "we'll be open 24 hours a day for the entire week" ads.

25. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

Hoping to get an iPad Air 2 with around a $100 gift card or discount and a nice winter jacket for $400~.