What's the best bang for the buck in the Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jfletcha, Oct 9, 2012.

1. jfletcha macrumors newbie

I've received $100 in credit from the apple store after owning not 1 but 4 iphone 5s. Each had issues, and then credit/subsidizing became an issue that took many trips to the store to fix.

Long story short, I've got $100 bucks i can spend at the apple store (only). No upgrades to current devices, or gift cards. What would YOU buy if u had $100 credit to the apple store? * I don't think I can use it 'in addition to' my own funds, so the item would need to come to $100 before taxes.

I was sorta leaning towards an apple tv, just because it's the only device u can get besides a shuffle for under 100 bucks, but accessories, or combinations there of are all options! :D

2. matttye macrumors 601

I'd get an Apple TV or an AirPort Express and a lightning cable.

3. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

We don't know the OP or his/her needs so he will have to select something on his own, and no hand holding from use.

When I had a gift card, I could use that and my funds to buy something better. Ask Apple Store if you can.

4. Ivabign macrumors 6502

Ivabign

5. jfletcha thread starter macrumors newbie

My needs: none.

I have 100 bucks i can spend. They aren't issuing me a gift card, it's via the apple care rep. I just tell him the items, and he said he'd send it. I don't think i even have the option of walking into a retail store unfortunately.

Also SR45 - are you always so friendly? It's a fun question for the forum. If you don't wanna hold my hand, please dont.

6. LouieSamman macrumors 6502a

LouieSamman

I would go for the Apple TV as it can enhance your i Devices. Using Airplay to play movies or games is incredible and a great way to share the entertainment with folks around you in the living room.

So getting the Apple TV would be the best bang for the buck.

7. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Definitely get an Apple TV, one of the best things I've purchased. Certainly it has simplified my Netflix setup. Being able to AirPlay the iPhone is awesome as well, as there's a lot of video apps one could use to watch on the TV, such as ABC, Crackle, and Starz Play....so long you don't get a call in the middle of your movie, haha.

8. jfletcha thread starter macrumors newbie

9. Ronnoco macrumors 68030

Ronnoco

qft
    Best $100 I've spent in a while...especially the 3rd gen as the 1080p streaming from my MacBook Pro is sweet and the NetFlix GUI is the best I've seen/used...

Also, the mirroring from the iPhone 4S and iPad is very cool...I bought one for my daughter for Christmas and she recently told me her boyfriend is "totally addicted to it"...LOL

10. Mrbobb macrumors 601

OK just don't go out and buy a $80 Monster HDMI cable. ;)

Can't get enuff of these "What u do you think I want?" posts.

11. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Apple TV for sure, if you don't have one. They're brilliant.

12. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

But think of the SUPER HD CRYSTAL picture he'll get!