What's the best bang for the buck in the Apple Store

jfletcha

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2011
I've received $100 in credit from the apple store after owning not 1 but 4 iphone 5s. Each had issues, and then credit/subsidizing became an issue that took many trips to the store to fix.

Long story short, I've got $100 bucks i can spend at the apple store (only). No upgrades to current devices, or gift cards. What would YOU buy if u had $100 credit to the apple store? * I don't think I can use it 'in addition to' my own funds, so the item would need to come to $100 before taxes.

I was sorta leaning towards an apple tv, just because it's the only device u can get besides a shuffle for under 100 bucks, but accessories, or combinations there of are all options! :D

SR45

macrumors 65832
Aug 17, 2011
Florida
We don't know the OP or his/her needs so he will have to select something on his own, and no hand holding from use.

When I had a gift card, I could use that and my funds to buy something better. Ask Apple Store if you can.

Comment

jfletcha

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2011
My needs: none.

I have 100 bucks i can spend. They aren't issuing me a gift card, it's via the apple care rep. I just tell him the items, and he said he'd send it. I don't think i even have the option of walking into a retail store unfortunately.

Also SR45 - are you always so friendly? It's a fun question for the forum. If you don't wanna hold my hand, please dont.

Comment

LouieSamman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
Orlando, Florida
I would go for the Apple TV as it can enhance your i Devices. Using Airplay to play movies or games is incredible and a great way to share the entertainment with folks around you in the living room.

So getting the Apple TV would be the best bang for the buck.

Comment

dontwalkhand

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2007
Definitely get an Apple TV, one of the best things I've purchased. Certainly it has simplified my Netflix setup. Being able to AirPlay the iPhone is awesome as well, as there's a lot of video apps one could use to watch on the TV, such as ABC, Crackle, and Starz Play....so long you don't get a call in the middle of your movie, haha.

Comment

Ronnoco

macrumors 68030
Oct 16, 2007
United States of America
qft
Best $100 I've spent in a while...especially the 3rd gen as the 1080p streaming from my MacBook Pro is sweet and the NetFlix GUI is the best I've seen/used...

Also, the mirroring from the iPhone 4S and iPad is very cool...I bought one for my daughter for Christmas and she recently told me her boyfriend is "totally addicted to it"...LOL

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.