What's the best Mac for its job?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by crazycat, Sep 20, 2007.

1. crazycat macrumors 65816

crazycat

If you take each mac and merit it for whats it is made for what would you think is the best mac?

I would have to pick the MacBook as being the best mac, I have alwayes loved them even thou i did not use one for a long time. The new iMac is a very very close second.

2. CRAZYBUBBA macrumors 65816

CRAZYBUBBA

I think the mac pro is excellent for very high duty stuff, I don't know if any other comp can take as much ram.

3. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

I'm going to go with the Mac Pro, because I think it's just about as good as it could be for what it does given the current tech offerings (it is in need of some video card updates, but it will get those soon, most likely).

I am not going with a laptop, because laptops are all about compromise, and a laptop is only the laptop for you if it makes the compromises you would have made. I'm not going with the iMac, because I want an iMac but I'm not willing to give up my 30'' screen, and Apple intentionally crippled the iMac by not giving it dual link DVI.

4. mward333 macrumors 6502a

mward333

I've owned many Macs in my lifetime, but my current Mac Pro (see my signature) wins hands-down. Simply put: it's awesome.