Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

timmillwood

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 7, 2006
I use a mac (obviously) and would like a new mouse.

Because it use a Powermac is does not make any difference to be if it is wireless or wired, i just want THE BEST!

timmillwood

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 7, 2006
AvSRoCkCO1067 said:
The Mighty Mouse.

;)

Thats what I am trying to get away from, i like the up/down and left/right scroll but i keep pressing the side buttons when moving the mouse, so i have to turn them off, making them useless and also the scroll ball keeps stopping and I have to clean it all the time.

technocoy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2002
Raleigh, NC
mmmmm.....

the new logitech MX revolution... I LOVE it. the multi-app programming, lazer optics, and freewheeling metal scrollwheel and wicked nice..

the ergonomics are great too, if you're right handed.

der... n8236 beat me to it!

mulletman13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 1, 2004
Los Angeles.
Don't go in the Logitech G5/G7 line....

I would personally say MX1000 is the perfect mouse, but I have not used an MX Rev yet. That looks amazing...

If I end up getting a new mouse, I will get that. But for now the MX1000 is a near perfect mouse <3

coal

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2005
Portland, OR
I have used the MX1000 for the past year or so with my iMac and absolutely love it. In fact, a couple of weeks ago I sold the iMac and didn't include the mouse because I didn't want to part with it.

The MX Revolution does seem like a nice upgrade though.

crjackson

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2006
I've been using the Logitech Dual Optical since it came out (late 2002?). Had to clean out the wheel once because it stopped working, and the rubber is starting to come off on one of the sides. Other than that it's worked flawlessly since I got it.

And oh do i remember when I got it, i replaced my crap ass single optical mouse because while moving it too fast the arrow would move allllll over the screen, made it really hard for gaming!

so to me, this is the best mouse in the world:)

http://www.overclockers.com.au/article.php?id=195196

swingline

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2005
p0intblank said:
The new Logitech MX Revolution looks amazing. I just can't pay $99 for a mouse, though. I'm looking at the Cordless Desktop for Mac combo, which includes a mouse and keyboard for $99. I think it's the S 530 or something... and it's very Mac-like with its colors. :)

Edit: Yup, that's it: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2162,CONTENTID=11420

i just bought one from amazon for 74 usd. it's not as great as it looks. the keyboards feel really flimsy and made of cheap light plastic. the sound it makes when you type also reinforces that. the mouse is pretty hard to use due to the insane mouse acceleration. it just doesn't feel right no matter what setting you set the tracking speed to. if you don't mind these inconveniences then go for it. it looks really cool and the extra multimedia buttons are great. i really wish it would function at the same level as its aesthetics though.

Apple2Mac

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2006
I just got the Logitech® MX™ Revolution and so far love it, the thumb wheel is a bit bugy....

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
M I C K E Y M O U S E.

Oh, computer mice. I still like my Logitech TrackMan + trackballs the best, but have not had any issues with other Logitech mice.

B

Puzz

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2006
California
I've been happiest with this:

Logitech MX400

Corded (way less fuss than cordless, and no batteries, so very light.)

Accurate laser, extremely comfortable, very nice positive but light click feel,
no annoying doodads, and cheap.

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
The original Logitech Kidz Mouse was the best mouse ever! It was shaped like an actual mouse, its ears were the buttons and the cord was its tail. I had one years ago, but seem to have misplaced it :(

phuong

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2006
AvSRoCkCO1067 said:
The Mighty Mouse.;)

i pretty like this mouse except that its tracking is a little bit annoying. when i move fast, it's ok. but when i comes to precision and moving slowly, it takes like forever to make the pointer move..
also, the BT version of it, it never connects properly in windows XP (running on MP)

orangezorki

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2006
The MX revolution all the way. The Mighty mouse is an innovation that just doesnt quite hit the mark. And the trackball apparantly gets clogged up very easily.

David

phuong

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2006
hey, 6 weeks ago i used the Mighty Mouse (wireless) for the first time, when i got my MP. i hated it. and i used the MX Rev instead. but i have changed my mind now.

for general use, i definitely like the MX Rev better. with a bunch of customizable buttons, it helps me switch apps fast, surf web fast and convenient. the scroll wheel is just great. and many more. i have a tripple LCDs setup, and this mouse helps me travel across these monitors conveniently. with the Mighty Mouse, it takes me forever to move around the screen, eventhough i set the tracking settings to maximum.

however when it comes to image editing, i find the Mighty much much better, especially with precised details.

so, i now using them both.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
The MX revolution all the way. The Mighty mouse is an innovation that just doesnt quite hit the mark. And the trackball apparantly gets clogged up very easily.

David

I can agree to that. Mighty Mouse is nice, but needs a little work. I'm not sure if the MX Revolution is the best mouse in the world, but it is really a nice mouse. Maybe one of the best I've used.

Transeau

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2005
Alta Loma, CA
the new logitech MX revolution... I LOVE it. the multi-app programming, lazer optics, and freewheeling metal scrollwheel and wicked nice..

the ergonomics are great too, if you're right handed.

der... n8236 beat me to it!

me too (three?) on this one. The MX Rev is GREAT. (The software sucks, it keeps loosing my settings, but the mouse rocks)

techster85

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2006
Lubbock, TX
I use a Logitech G5, and honestly, it's a great mouse, but there is another logitech that doesn't have the weight system that would work just as well and is a little cheaper. The only reason I went with the G5 was that newegg had a sale where it was the same price as the lower end model...

I couldn't stand the mighty mouse because of the blasted side buttons, I was always hitting them when I was dragging across both monitors.

RichP

macrumors 68000
Jun 30, 2003
Motor City
Logitech MX Revolution is the best I have used. Feels good, looks good, its worth the cost. The wireless on it is flawless (MM Bluetooth is junk half the time) and I get about a 5 days-a week between charges (its rechargeable and comes with a base)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.