Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

opticalserenity

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 14, 2007
Is there a good shopping list app out there that also syncs with an OS X desktop client? Or, should I just be using things like YouNote / Evernote / To-Do Lists?

iFerd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2007
If you are up for $9.99 for the iPhone app and another $19.95 for the desktop partner, you may want to look at SplashShopper.

I've been using it for shopping lists, as well as other kinds of lists - To-Dos, packing, etc.

ayasin

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2008
Ours syncs up with the web so you can manage your list there and on the phone. A major advantage of this over a traditional desktop client is that you don't have to be near a computer to sync your list up with everyone else in your group and with the web list. You can check it out at the link in my sig.

Hutch1981

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2008
I use Zenbe as a shopping just that you can easily email to your significant other. Also you can sync to their servers online

iFerd

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2007
I've mainly been on the lookout for a suitable replacement for HandyShopper from the Palm that my iPhone has all-but-replaced. So far, I haven't found that. It was a really handy general database manager for all kinds of lists. I haven't found the perfect replacement, and the devloper of HandyShopper has said he has no intention of porting it to the iPhone.

I've gone to SplashShopper because so far it looks like the best general list manager, at least that I have found. But that's me, YMMV. And I'm open to trying other things.

ayasin

macrumors 6502
Jun 26, 2008
Currently just one master list, you don't really need multiples because of the way it learns what goes with which location. We might be adding multiple list support soon though. Our users get to vote on what we work on and that's one of the things that's being voted on.

randyg

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2004
Ours syncs up with the web so you can manage your list there and on the phone. A major advantage of this over a traditional desktop client is that you don't have to be near a computer to sync your list up with everyone else in your group and with the web list. You can check it out at the link in my sig.

It looks as though this is only for groceries. I'm not willing to pay $9 to find out otherwise. I would like to be able to make lists for hardware store, office supply store, etc. I really like Splash Shopper but it does not sync over the air with the desktop and iPad app.

ChuckN

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2010
My app, ezShopList allows multiple stores with per store pricing and location(by section). The sections of each store can be ordered to match the path you take through the store. In addition the lists and database can be exported/imported to/from Dropbox or mobileMe as csv files for easy editing and sharing. $1.99 in the app store. Hope you try it and like it.

jeniferkey

macrumors member
Jan 30, 2008
My husband and I use ReLiSimple Shopping Lists. I use it for groceries, house to-do lists and any other stores we need to buy from on a regular basis. The select from list can get long, but if I stop using something, I change it in the list to something we've started buying.

tomw888

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2011
Visual Grocery List

If you don't want to type at all you should try a visual grocery list like NeedFood.

piobyz

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2011
Why not try Goodies for Mac?

Goodies is a Mac OS X application that helps users organize their online shopping. In one simple step users can query various online retailers, see tabbed results, easily compare all deals, and assign their goodies to groups, based on their budget, deadline, tags or projects.

iOS client is planned for the future.

for more info please visit http://goodiesapp.com/

Disclaimer: I'm a developer of Goodies.

al1976

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2011
SuperList (Shopping List)

After trying a few, I think best one I used (and using) is SuperList (Shopping List)... it has everything you need in a shopping list app + some nice animations and pleasant design :)

DollaTwentyFive

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2010
Parts Unknown
Our Groceries

Wow. Lots of options.

I really like OurGroceries. It's available across platforms and everything is synced to a master account. All of your lists are accessible and editable from any of your devices or computers. In addition to iOS, it also works on android and blackberry.

Works great if my wife is headed to the store and we forgot something. I can just add it to the list and it shows up in her phone. Also, you can edit the categories for each item to sort your list by produce, meats, frozen food...

We have several lists going at once (grocery store, Costco, Target, etc). When one of us thinks of something we need, we just add it and it is ready to go.

I have found it to be the best solution I have tried. YMMV.

Nikh

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
Kyiv
Hi. Probably you will be interested in our to-do list application (right now there is also an iOS version, search for To-do Lists Mobile at App Store).
It can be easily used as shopping list - easily check lines, moving the down, you can have as many lists as you wish, and you can sync between Mac OS version and iOS one.

woocompares

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2011
Shop Online and Compare Prices, Compare Shopping on Great deals @woocompare,

Online shopping for the latest selection of apparel, automotive, beauty, books, electronics, jewelry, kitchen, music, office products and personal care, shop online and save money @woocompare

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
I really like OurGroceries. It's available across platforms and everything is synced to a master account. All of your lists are accessible and editable from any of your devices or computers. In addition to iOS, it also works on android and blackberry.
+1 for Our Groceries.

Works great if my wife is headed to the store and we forgot something. I can just add it to the list and it shows up in her phone.
I've had my wife updating the list while I was in the store and had no problems picking up the added items as lists are updated very quickly on devices sharing a list.

DocNYz

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2008
East Coast, USA
Dude, Grocery IQ definitely. You can sync with other phones so you and the people you live with all share a common list and don't forge things or double up on purchases by accident. Plus you get savings from coupons.com incorporated if you want ..s

malisa

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2011
Anyone who uses one of these that's available for iPhone:

Can you 'tag' items?

I currently use OmniFocus for this, but I'd really like the ability to tag each item with anywhere I'd consider buying it.

Example: Milk
I would like the ability to tag it Trader Joe's, Grocery Store, Fresh and Easy, Smart and Final, Target (and maybe others). Since I am the only person who drinks milk at my house, I buy a quart. Some of these places either may not carry quarts or I may decide on other reasons I wouldn't want to buy it there (too expensive, don't like the container, dates don't seem long enough, etc.) I'd then like the ability to take that tag away for next time so I don't have to try to remember if I need to look for that item or why not.

How does your app of choice (or one you've rejected for one reason or another) stack up on that request. (Hard to figure that out from screen shots, and FAQ's.

tommot82

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2010
i just use a reminders list shared with my wife through iCloud. Works for us! Never saw the need for anything more complicated personally!

each to their own though obviously!

Mac In School

macrumors 65816
Jun 21, 2007
If you have long shopping list, a dedicated shopping list app does much better than a to-do app.

Items scanning, auto-add to aisle, etc., are tough to compete with.

zeemaaaangg

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2012
List Bliss is the best shopping list app for iOS

I use Grocery List Bliss for iOS and it's pretty awesome. It's a shopping list app, and pantry, and I use it for things like holiday shopping and birthday/christmas lists.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.