Whats the deal with the people in the iPhone forum?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by AndrewR23, Oct 29, 2011.

1. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

I post one thread about Apples return policy when ordering online is a joke and get blasted by it.

People saying Apples return policy is normal...How is it normal where if you order a iPhone online you have to return it online? Even my Apple rep who helped me through this said its a joke.

In this forum, if you even hint that Apple is not the "Best god almighty company in the universe" you get shot at here.

2. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

I believe that's fairly standard practice for any company.

I think they're is a degree of fanaticism in some of the posts here, but it depends on the section of the forum you hang around in.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

If you go and bash something, it usually turns into a flame war. Without seeing the thread in question, it's hard to say anything but backing up your claims with proofs is always a good idea. For instance, you could have shown that other stores do not require this.

4. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

All I said was there return policy is a joke. I shop at 3 stores mainly that let you return online orders in store...Hollister for my girlfriend....AT&T and Best Buy.

Oh and the return is going to Apples warehouse which is a minute walk from my house yet its taking 4 business days. Apple said that is pretty messed up so they gave me a 100$ gift card.

Hellhammer..could you please close and delete my thread..Here is the link.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=13750629&posted=1#post13750629

5. NutsNGum, Oct 29, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2011

NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

Either that or some people just seem have to have an extraordinarily high level of entitlement.

To be honest, your attitude is pretty unpleasant, you came into this thread swinging and looking for an argument, and frankly it hardly surprises me that whatever you posted in your original thread turned into a car crash.

I think some introspection wouldn't go amiss.

6. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Welcome to Macrumors. This place does get pretty annoying sometimes because people feel like they can defend anything.

7. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

Yeah..which is why I go to the Apple forums on Apple.com to get quick responses with no immature comments. I just don't understand it here.

It's like people got mad at me because 16GB wasn't enough memory lol.

8. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

This is Site and Forum Feedback forum. Off-topic posts have been deleted. If there are complaints about the iPhone forum or anything, feel welcome to use this thread. However, any discussion of the topic of OP's thread belongs to that thread and it's linked above.