What's the difference between macbook and macbook pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by bellin, Oct 21, 2008.

1. bellin macrumors newbie

Don't tell me crap like the size of the laptop, or the screen size. I need to know what make a macbook a mackbook and what makes a macbook pro pro

2. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

MacBook Pro has a dedicated graphics card (a 9600GT) on top of the discrete 9400M graphics chipset.

All MacBook Pro models have backlite keyboards and are intended towards professional usage (ei like Photographers or Movie directors.).

Also all MacBook Pros have a Firewire port and an Express Slot for your 3G Internet Connection (if you ever need one)

More questions? Just ask...

3. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Good way to introduce yourself.

Try http://www.apple.com

Straight from the source, and no "crap" like difference in size (which are differentiators).

4. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

MacBook Pro has hybrid SLI with 9600m discrete chip (better performance mode) AND 9400m integrated chip (better battery life mode), Firewire 800, Express card slot, MUCH better quality TFT display for photohraphy and video, MacBook Pro starts at 2.4 GHz and 250 GB while MacBook starts at 2.0 GHz and 160 GB, both models have backlit keyboards while only the 2.4 GHz MacBook does.

more info.

5. subq macrumors member

about $700
    on base models

If you don't like that answer, try starting here and doing a little reading.

6. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

There's a difference in size between the MacBook and the MacBook Pro. The MacBook Pro also has a larger screen.

Hope this helps,
    Bryan

7. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Wow, you should expect a lot of helpful responses to that question.

How is screen size not a reason?

http://www.apple.com/mac/whichmacbook/

8. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

I don't know why anyone would want to help you with that attitude. How about you take a few seconds and click on apple.com and see the differences for yourself?

9. PresentACat macrumors regular

It appears you can write, but obviously you can't read or else you would read Apple's website, or any of the billion sites that have copies of the spec sheets.
    Tosser.

10. darngooddesign macrumors G3

ooooo I know

One has MacBook printed on the smaller screen, and the other has MacBook Pro printed on the larger screen.

That's the only difference I can think of.