Whats the ipad2 market like on ebay?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by xMBPx, Mar 16, 2011.

1. xMBPx macrumors regular

Are they still selling for higher than MSRP?

I sell on ebay a lot, and have some time/money to kill.. so I'm thinking about cleaning out the stock in my area and selling them on ebay if they're still going at a good rate.

Obviously I'm going to do my own research right now but I'm curious how the market has held up since launch day.

2. MBPLurker macrumors member

You sell on ebay a lot but you can't even check there first?!

3. swester macrumors regular

Wondering the same thing myself. Also - which models are currently the most in demand (particularly in int'l markets)? I imagine the 3G models are less attractive for overseas buyers, right?

4. outphase macrumors 65816

not the GSM model

5. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

Lol I'm pretty sure with a lot of people looking for iPads aren't going to help you out if your just going to buy up stock to resell when they are looking for personal ones

6. Higgs1 macrumors 6502

Higgs1

i believe the 3g can be unlocked and utilized by other countries just like the iPhone.....

7. xMBPx thread starter macrumors regular

I sell on ebay alot, yea... which is why I am researching here first.

What they are going for right now means nothing if they've been steadily going down the pass few days.. Because by the time I have them in hand and the listings up, they could be selling at MSRP. I'm also curious as to which models are going for the most - with over 15 choices that's a little hard to sift through and research on ebay.

Never hurts to do as much research as possible before merchanting.

8. American Beauty macrumors newbie

Why would you post here asking instead of looking your damn self? Seems like a crappy thing to do when it would have taken you less time to check ebay and knowing how many people here are trying so hard to get one.

9. HankMoody macrumors member

It's not so hot anymore. The profit I've been seeing is $150 before Ebay fees. I look last weekend and they were going for $200+ profit, so it's definitely dying out a little bit.

10. swester macrumors regular

I suppose the worst you could do is try to sell it for at least $100 profit, and if it doesn't sell, just return it! No harm done.

11. tstarks33 macrumors regular

Are you serious? You can check the prices of what iPad 2s have sold since launch up until now, day by day, auction by auction. Maybe you should try this:

http://www.amazon.com/eBay-Dummies-Marsha-Collier/dp/0470497416/

12. xMBPx thread starter macrumors regular

What's your deal? why does it bother you that much to see a thread of somebody asking a question? If that's not your thing maybe you shouldn't be on a forum pal.

13. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68000

PBG4 Dude

The Verizon models are the best for overseas since places like Korea and China use CDMA.

14. jvette macrumors 6502

jvette

I remember reading that the regular Ebay seller would be limited to how many they could sell per month. You had to be a Power Seller to sell any large number of them. Good for Ebay.

15. HankMoody macrumors member

I agree. Most countries are moving away from 3G and thus it's a waste of time to buy those. If you're trying to make money from the ipad, I'd stick to the 64g Verizon model. Koreans will pay double for one of those...

16. tstarks33 macrumors regular

It takes, literally, 10 seconds to get the answer to your question by going to ebay first. I just don't understand why you would think that we would know better than ebay itself. It's like walking by a hospital and stopping in a car garage to ask a mechanic to see if this nasty rash is normal.

17. zenio macrumors 6502

I listed one of mine 8 weeks ago thinking maybe I'd get about $200 to 250 net profit, I was totally shocked to get $385 over. So yes timing, as we already knew, makes quite a difference.

18. swester macrumors regular

No - it's like walking by a crowded, chaotic hospital when you could instead drop into an intimate meeting of the AMA with only the specialized doctors you need. You can get specialized advice without having to wade through a mess and possibly save a lot of time and trouble.

Except of course for the few a-holes in the bunch, like yourself, who choose to go out of their way to be unhelpful.

19. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

You made $385 profit on an ipad1? That's not good timing, that's the good fortune to meet a moron with a wad of cash.

20. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68000

PBG4 Dude

CDMA is 3G also, it's just harder to get voice + data on same connection @ the same time. Since this is the iPad, which doesn't make voice calls, the CDMA limitation does not apply. :)

21. swester macrumors regular

Or someone overseas who could sell it for twice that.

22. tstarks33 macrumors regular

No, it's not like that at all.

OP should sell on craigslist if possible anyway. More money, less fees.

23. tstarks33 macrumors regular

This doesn't make sense... why would someone who could sell overseas overpay simply because they can sell it for more overseas? There are plenty of ipads selling for less than sticker that it's not necessary to overpay by hundreds of dollars.

24. spinedoc77 macrumors G3

spinedoc77

Is the overseas stuff selling for that much? Depending on the model that could be close to double the price.

25. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

You live in an area that has "stock" of the iPad2 ?