Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aok1975

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2009
If according to apple the iphone cant handle a video camera, why then would anyone anticipate video calling.

Revelation78

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2008
North Carolina
If according to apple the iphone cant handle a video camera, why then would anyone anticipate video calling.

People are anticipating video calling on v3 iPhone hardware. Not saying that v1 and v2 can't do video calling, it's rather pointless to do video calling if you don't have a front-facing camera.

There's no guarantee that v3 will have this feature, video recording is much more likely - though I would personally like to have video calling feature myself.

Benguitar

Jan 30, 2009
Yes I believe it is very likely, but not for the next 2-3 years. It will most likely be in a later generation of iPhone.

Probably when we invent the 4G or 5G network or whatever.

Mintin8

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2009
United Kingdom
They could incorporate iChat now. But i don't see it happening. I think they will on a later generation iPhone with a front facing camera. Most likely to be in 2010.

queshy

macrumors 68040
Apr 2, 2005
It's possible but unlikely. Personally I think we'll see 16 and 32 GB iPhones with pretty much the same feature set, maybe better battery life and a small design change.

Benguitar

Jan 30, 2009
They could incorporate iChat now. But i don't see it happening. I think they will on a later generation iPhone with a front facing camera. Most likely to be in 2010.

Damn you Apple and your idea of "make expensive products and sell them like they are fads." :p

matthewHUB

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 29, 2005

They say they can't to video RECORDING because of write cycles to the solid state memory. But Video through iChat would go straight through wifi, and wouldn't have to be saved to storage first.

M

Aaleck

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2007
Michigan, USA
I think it would be cool but I don't think that'll happen for a while... I think Apple has a few more years to get to that step

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.