What's the most embarrassing thing someone else has seen on your iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 3GS Rocks, Aug 8, 2009.

1. 3GS Rocks macrumors newbie

Hey all,

Apple since way back, but just got my first iphone. Of course I had to take a few 'playful' pictures of the wife with my new toy. So today, I was out cutting the grass, phone's on the counter and my mother-in-law & sister-in-law are visiting.

You got it...

Sis-in-law sees the phone on the counter, picks it up to check it out and stumbles into the pictures. Screams, starts ribbing the wife and then their mom walks in to hear what the ruckus is about. Sis-in-law's waving the phone and teasing the wife, mom's 'shocked' but practically doubled over with laughter at the mortified look on my wife's face.

30 seconds later the wife's in the back yard and I'm in the dog house.

I could use a laugh at someone else's expense....

3GS Rocks

2. jamesarm97 macrumors 65816

i think the usual reply around here would be **photos** or it did not happen ;)

3. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Yes, we need pics to know what kind of response to give you. :)

4. frunze macrumors member

I actually had to passlock-protect mine after my boss picked up my iPhone and started looking at the apps - I had an email from a recruiter opened there. I don't think he saw it because he hit the home button which closed the email, but it gave me an adrenaline kick for sure! Moral of the story - put a lock on it, I know it's PITA but worth it for sure.:p

5. Clete2 macrumors 65816

Clete2

Luckily, I've locked mine since day one. I don't really have anything to hide, but I don't want random people getting into it.

I hate it on a 15-minute delay though.. so that limits its use.

6. staccato83 macrumors 6502a

staccato83

Another tip: Disable SMS Preview.

Nothing more embarrassing than getting that afternoon text message from your girlfriend while your coworker is looking up something in google maps. ;)

7. chrbau macrumors member

I'm a C2 Quad in a wheelchair. So I had a sore aka bedsore so I was going to the doctor and I took a couple of quick pictures of it of course.
    Sure enough after the visit I didn't think to delete them. Since I'm a quad most of my friends play with my phone. That was fun! :eek: I was red my friends almost lost their lunches. :p It was classic. Be careful what you wish for You might get a Big Hairy A**. :confused:

BTW I still have the pics and I know if theirs no pic it didn't happen so I'll post'em if any freaks out their want them. "Be careful what you wish for You might get a Big Hairy A**."
    :D :eek: ;)

8. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

Maybe a Nickelback album...I secretly like their new stuff. Although, no one's ever seen it yet. :)

9. calvy macrumors 65816

I had pictures of some really sticky pot that I scored one night on my phone. Months later, my DEA uncle started going through my phone. He didnt look at pictures, only my safari history before I stopped him. I now have a passcode lock on mine.

10. ChaSSe macrumors member

Most embarrassing thing yet.

11. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Probably a Youtube search of Journey.

I don't do anything embarrassing on my phone.

12. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

Haha, hey, Dark Horse is a great pop rock album.

13. Clete2 macrumors 65816

Clete2

Shame on you. I bought their new CD just because "Oh, it's Nickelback! I like their old stuff." Turns out their CD is all about sex and crap....

Sheesh. I liked their old stuff.

14. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

Nothing wrong with that. :D

Dark Horse is a freakin' great album.

15. 1984world macrumors 6502

1984world

Had pictures of me and two girls "in the act" found on my phone by a girlfriend. Wasn't a fun conversation since I only got the phone a week before........

16. Jinkst macrumors regular

When you say "in the act" you mean putting up some shelves right? I hate when people find photos of that.

As for my iPhone, I work in the phone retail industry so I have to keep it pretty clean for when showing customers how they actually work. It's a shame, it's the awkward moments that make life interesting.

17. hazza.jockel macrumors 6502

legen... wait for it
    dary

(for those How I met Your Mother Fans out there)

18. conman16 macrumors member

To the OP: in my opinion, how embarrassing that situation was depends on the hotness of the wife. Lol.

But ya my most embarrassing was when my freind and I were txting each other random, vulgar family guy and south park quotes and good ol gramma was reading them over my shoulder

19. firecrasher macrumors member

firecrasher

20. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

You mean the dyslexic ones? :)

21. Furi Kuri macrumors member

I have a passcode lock on my iphone for specifically this reason.

22. Nickel Dime Bay macrumors regular

23. hazza.jockel macrumors 6502

took me a while to get it but fixed now. :eek:

24. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

Which song is your favourite? oh wait, they all sound like the exact same song !

25. nfl46 macrumors 603

Oh crap, well mines is, I received a nasty text message ("When can I .... your .... (you know what!) in class and my teacher saw it. OMG! I was sooo embarrassed! She was helping me solve this problem and my phone was on the desk, and once I received it, I didn't have enough time to move it away. After that, I immediately disable the SMS preview. :(

But, the pictures thing has never happen to me. I'm scared to take nasty pictures on my iPhone, lol. If I do, I'll e-mail it to myself and delete it from my phone afterwards. LOL!