Whats the point of stopping Jailbreaking?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Airforcekid, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Airforcekid macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

:apple:Instead of trying to patch firmware why not allow themes video mms c/p? If people want their phone jailbroken for illegal purpose their going to do it either way!:apple:

2. bradenwh macrumors 6502

Because Apple doesn't want to allow it.
    Simple.

3. notintheleast macrumors 6502

notintheleast

While I certainly agree that apple should implement the features you can gain from JB (all the legal ones anyway), they do not allow it now for a very good reason. Have you seen the amount of "Help me JB" or "I just JB and now something doesn't work" threads on this forum? Now imagine if all of those people could try go to the genius bar for help..... It would be impossible for apple to maintain.

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Carrier security and contracts. Apple has to make the platform secure and one of the security issues is Jailbreaking.

5. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

To stop people from whining and posting #2929911 threads when they take their standard iphone and do something that it was never intended to do, then cry to apple when apple updates the OS and it stops working right, because somehow, in the screwed up self centered universe the jailbraker lives in, it's apple's "fault" and blames them or makes moronic based "freedoms" and "rights" arguments about the whole matter.

6. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

JBing is not illegal.

7. Haephestos macrumors regular

He meant people who JB for an illegal purpose (cracked apps).

8. laz305 macrumors regular

hey bottom line is apple got there money ($600) now I should be able to do with it what I want it's mine and I paid for it, you think I want my $600 iPhone to look like everyone's? Why don't we all just go out and buy the same car while we're at it?

9. notintheleast macrumors 6502

notintheleast

The iCar of course... :)

10. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

If what you said is right then Apple will not backup and maintain iPhones because everyone JB and uses crack app. I am not sure about the agreement or Apple but Sony's PSP is another huge issue for homebrew. People don't 'own' the PSP when they buy it, Sony license them to the people to buy it. Sony has the right to delete anything in PSP in their firmware without notice.

Your comparison about your iphone looking all the same and buying the same car is really bad. There are different brands of phones on the market; just like cars. Customers choose what they to buy and the color they like. You can always modify your car (JB your iphone) but you lose warranty.

11. branjosef macrumors 6502a

branjosef

It's just frowned upon. :D