What's the quickest way to buy Leopard?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by budge9, Oct 17, 2007.

1. budge9 macrumors member

I really want to get hold of Leopard ASAP but I need advice as to what is the best and quickest way to get it. On the Apple website it says that the launch of it is from 6-10pm on the 26th. Does this mean that you can only get it in stores after 6pm on the 26th? Also if you order online from Apple or Amazon do they ship it on the 26th or you recieve it? And will this therefore mean that if they ship it on the 26th you will get it the next day or several days later?
    Thanks a million!

2. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

Order direct from the online Apple Store and you should receive it on 26th (at least that's what happened for me with Tiger)

3. vanmacguy macrumors 6502a

Given the fury that was posted on here when people pre-ordered new iPods and din't get them for a couple of weeks, I would say go to an Apple store on the 26th and buy a copy over the counter.

Given that the 26th is a Friday, even if they shipped it that day, you still won't get it until at least Monday. Whereas if you go to a store you'll have it on Friday.

Cheers.

4. yagran macrumors 6502a

I just phoned up and they are saying that all pre orders will SHIP on the 26th, meaning they will get to you earliest the 27th, or up to 10 days after that.

so the fastest way is definitely to go to a shop and buy it.

5. tersono macrumors 68000

tersono

That's what they said for Tiger too, but that's not what happened here...

6. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I wish I could get it on the 26th, but the up-to-date version can't be picked up...

7. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

This release seems to be going down-to-the-wire much more closely than Tiger. It's unclear the release is actually final even now. So late shipping is definitely a possibility.

8. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

Online. Delivery ON October 26th (whenever FedEx/UPS/DHL show up in your neighborhood).

Attached Files:

9. yagran macrumors 6502a

what do you mean by up to date? :eek:

10. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

That's the deal where if you buy a mac with Tiger preinstalled after a certain date (October 1?) then you can upgrade to Leopard for $10.

11. Multimedia macrumors 603

Multimedia

They Will Be DELIVERED On Friday Or Sooner

I don't know where you're getting your mis-information but I am 100% certain they will be DELIVERED on Friday or Thursday even perhaps as early as Wednesday for the earliest who ordered yesterday exclusively by FedEx not any other carriers.

They will all be in the queue to be delivered on Friday as long as you get you order in this week and probably even early next week.

12. yagran macrumors 6502a

Shipped by the 26th yes, this is why i phoned, they said it will indeed ship on the 26th if you pre order, but just because its shipped that day doesnt mean you recieve it that day, more likely to get it on the 27th. i think.

edit, Uk store shows a different image, see:
    [​IMG]

13. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

A cheap $9.95/£5.95 upgrade version for people who bought a Mac after October 1st...

14. Multimedia macrumors 603

Multimedia

NOT Shipped On Friday - Delivered On Friday The 26th

NO. They are shipped BEFORE the 26th and DELIVERED on the 26th. You were misinformed on the phone. Place an order and you will clearly see it says to be DELIVERED on the 26th.

Now that I see you are in the UK you might be right. In America we get them delivered on Friday or sooner.

15. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

The US Store is the only one I can go by, and the message clearly states the delivery will occur that day, not the shipment. Sorry for the geographical confusion. :eek:

16. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

umm..

Isn't the 26th in Europe the 25th in the states ? ;)

17. johny5 macrumors 6502a

johny5

Nope, the only reason I preordered was because Apple sent me an email saying it WILL arrive on the day, if it doesnt I wont be happy....

Attached Files:

18. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

We do get Leopard before Americans...Aussies get it before us...

19. budge9 thread starter macrumors member

But in the UK you can buy Leopard from opening time on the 26th right? Also does anyone know if they ran out of Tiger in UK Apple stores when they brought it out as I think I'm going to try and get it from Regent Street just before closing. Thanks!

20. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Dude...

Try looking through at the time zones again. London is something like 5 hours ahead of New York.

21. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

what about us recent mac purchasers?
    i just got a macbook pro a bit ago, but cant see anywhere where to order leopard for $10.

i think the image saying "and get it the day its released" says it all

22. Lebowski macrumors 6502

why exactly do you HAVE to have it ASAP? if you dont mind me asking....

i can slightly understand for a product like iPhone, or iPod Touch.... but for an OS? sure, i am ready to check it out... but i just dont get the MUST HAVE IT attitude.

23. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

well, with a new OS, you are really basically getting a new computer, which is technically a lot better than a device.

24. bob5820 macrumors 6502a

bob5820

My pre order shows a delivery date of 10/26. I pre ordered today and used standard shipping

25. skwij macrumors 6502

I literally just got off the phone with a great Apple rep. Pre-Ordered 2 copies of Leopard, to go to 2 different addresses.

They will be in mine and my buddy's hot little hand ON THE 26th. As far as I'm concerned, the Apple store online or by phone is the fastest way to get Leopard ON THE 26th.

Funny, I was gonna wait til 10.5.2 or so before buying into the hype, but meh, what the heck, right? Apple's a class act, with great products, so might as well get in on it ASAP.