Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spitf1r3

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2014
Neverland
Yes, it comes up as £30 to buy, then if I log in, its £20.
Yup, right - the "legacy support" (iPhone-only) version does not support Apple Watch. The "Universal" (iPhone+iPad does).
As I said - "complete my bundle" solves the issue - counts the price you already paid towards the "upgrade".

DavoteK

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2012
Yeah, as I said, £20 for a watch app essentially lol

I'll pass.

Recommend Omnifocus, if you're happy forking out £100 on it.

DavoteK

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2012
€39.99 for iOS + €39.99 for OS X != €100..

That said 2Do is fine, but check your numbers..

Forgot the Pro upgrade on the Mac ;-)

Check YOUR numbers...

I do love a good ellipses at the end of a sentence as a passive aggressive retort... :-D

spitf1r3

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2014
Neverland
Forgot the Pro upgrade on the Mac ;-)

Check YOUR numbers...

I do love a good ellipses at the end of a sentence as a passive aggressive retort... :-D
I don't think you mentioned Pro Updates before.
OmniFocus is more powerful than 2Do even without them.

I'm not saying 2Do is vastly inferior to OmniFocus, but I think it is simpler (and the Mac App is NOT cheaper than OmniFocus). My point is - if you need a good task management solution, your needs will probably grow, and you might as well consider getting a more advances solution at the beginning (and spare some time & money by not having to switch to it later).

DavoteK

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2012
I don't think you mentioned Pro Updates before.
OmniFocus is more powerful than 2Do even without them.

I'm not saying 2Do is vastly inferior to OmniFocus, but I think it is simpler (and the Mac App is NOT cheaper than OmniFocus). My point is - if you need a good task management solution, your needs will probably grow, and you might as well consider getting a more advances solution at the beginning (and spare some time & money by not having to switch to it later).

I'm quite happy to spend a bit of cash on a more advanced solution.

I've bought 2Do, AwesomeNote, Things, and a whole host of others, including Omnifocus, but there's only so much cash I'll part with. Omnifocus took the piss IMO. I'm not alone in that thinking.

Think I tried 2Do out on the Mac, the trial version. Think I ended up going for Omnifocus at the time as I was purely using it on a Mac and got the pro version for the custom perspectives.

Tried or bought pretty much all of them, and it was mainly for work.

I've changed jobs recently and no longer use a mac, so made all the above pretty much useless. Resorted to Wunderlist. Not as good as any of the above, but its slim pickings on Windows IMO.

DavoteK

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2012
We can probably all agree that's not the best solution.
Todoist seems to be better, but not by a lot.

Funnily enough, when I started, Todoist was the first one I started using. Then tried to make One Note do what I needed, then moved on to Wunderlist. At this rate, it'll probably be pen and paper in the next few weeks lol

spitf1r3

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2014
Neverland
Funnily enough, when I started, Todoist was the first one I started using. Then tried to make One Note do what I needed, then moved on to Wunderlist. At this rate, it'll probably be pen and paper in the next few weeks lol
Taskpaper or iOS reminders:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.