Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
I believe that I have figured out the first one (gavel/wrench). I believe that the wrench is for those who do not have the ability to get an avatar (6502 or below) and the gavel is given to those who do have the ability to get an avatar (6502a and above). Just a theory of coarse.

What about Nermal? He has a wrench ...

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
I believe that I have figured out the first one (gavel/wrench). I believe that the wrench is for those who do not have the ability to get an avatar (6502 or below) and the gavel is given to those who do have the ability to get an avatar (6502a and above). Just a theory of coarse.

But I have two knees as well! Hmm...

Close. So very close. The gavel/wrench is actually representative of whether or not the user is using an avatar. As can be seen by Nermal's wrench.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
But I have two knees as well! Hmm...
Ah, but you – a New Zealander – have the flag of Norway. Norway sounds a bit like 'No Way', clearly a reference to the recent protests about that New Zealand internet legislation thingy.

It all makes perfect sense if you think about it.

And Jaffa Cake's flag is Belize which is an English country is it not ?
No – you're probably mixing it up with Dorset. It's an easy enough mistake to make.

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
Ah, but you – a New Zealander – have the flag of Norway. Norway sounds a bit like 'No Way', clearly a reference to the recent protests about that New Zealand internet legislation thingy.

I have the Norwegian flag to. So what's your explanation for that?

Eraserhead

macrumors G4
Nov 3, 2005
UK
Close. So very close. The gavel/wrench is actually representative of whether or not the user is using an avatar. As can be seen by Nermal's wrench.

That makes sense as most people seem to have the gavel.

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop

And what does Niue rhyme with?

I want to see how far you can take this :D

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier

It was..

In 1836, after the emancipation of Central America from Spanish rule, the British claimed the right to administer the region. In 1862 Great Britain formally declared it a British Crown Colony, subordinate to Jamaica, and named it British Honduras.

The flags!!

They all were once governed or ruled or started in Europe ? If this is correct edesignuk has the answer.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
I have the Norwegian flag to. So what's your explanation for that?
You changed your 'tar to support the protest. that's probably it.

And what does Niue rhyme with?
Yours has nothing to do with rhymes – a cursory look at Wikipedia tells me that the inhabitants of the island of Niue call it 'the Rock'. The Rock was of course a film starring popular Scottish actor Sean Connery, who also starred in cult flick Highlander. This movie featured immortal types who could only be killed by decapitation – and if a head is dead, it soon ends up as nothing more than a skull. And what does your 'tar show? ;)

As I say, it's really quite simple if you put a bit of thought into it.

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
I don't think we have a record of where every single one of you have been. Before today I hadn't even heard of Niue :)o) let alone been there.

Jaffa Cake that is some masterful thinking you have going on there. :).

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
I don't think we have a record of where every single one of you have been. Before today I hadn't even heard of Niue :)o) let alone been there.

Jaffa Cake that is some masterful thinking you have going on there. :).

Question :)

If you have never heard of Niue until today why is your location set to Nuie ?

Are you the culprit that came up with this Moderator game ?;)

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
Question :)

If you have never heard of Niue until today why is your location set to Nuie ?

Are you the culprit that came up with this Moderator game ?;)

He changed his location once he found out what his flag was...

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Clue time!

1. We did not study the personal histories of hundreds of thousands of forum members one by one and assign them flags or other icons that related to them personally. (Some of the coincidences are rather funny, however.)

2. Every icon is determined by a rule, the rules don't change, and all of the information on which they are based is easy-to-find and public. The icons are computed.

3. Everyone with a given icon matches everyone else with that same icon in some way that observant forum members may be able to figure out.

4. It's a puzzle!

5. Collectively you've already solved the first part, figuring out what Rule A is.

6. Collectively you've already solved the last part, figuring out what determines whether or not you get the final "Have a nice day"
    april1.gif
    icon.
We at MacRumors have a huge bet going with the staff at pcrumors.com. We claim that our forum members will figure out the rules before their forum members do. Don't let us down!

macrumors 65816
Oct 31, 2007
Washington D.C. Area
I think a few of them might actually be nice INSIDE our profiles. Little tiny icons associated with our gear. </a passing thought>

That's actually was my first thought as well!

I can't even tell what my country my flag corresponds to. The icons are all so bizarre... it's a weird idea for an April Fools day joke.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.